publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Does anyone know any USCIS contact info except their customer service number?

I reported my husband to police for domestic violence recently. He told me his PR application will be impacted, which implies my application will be impacted too because I am applying as a spouse. I am expecting our green card in Sep. by what the lawyer firm estimates for us, and we are about at the stage of getting interview notice. However my husband's violation won't be resolved in several months. I heard that if our I485 has been approved, it is like we already get green cards. I want to check with USCIS about the progress, but their customer service can only check by receipt number. Right now our application is handled by my husband's lawyer, all the documents are mailed to his office. My husband wouldn't like to tell me our real situation. Is there any way to contact USCIS and check my status by A# or my name, not by receipt #?

desperate housewife

I reported my husband to police for domestic violence recently. He told me his PR application will be impacted, which implies my application will be impacted too because I am applying as a spouse. I am expecting our green card in Sep. by what the lawyer firm estimates for us, and we are about at the stage of getting interview notice. However my husband's violation won't be resolved in several months. I heard that if our I485 has been approved, it is like we already get green cards. I want to check with USCIS about the progress, but their customer service can only check by receipt number. Right now our application is handled by my husband's lawyer, all the documents are mailed to his office. My husband wouldn't like to tell me our real situation. Is there any way to contact USCIS and check my status by A# or my name, not by receipt #?

desperate housewife

You may call 800# and be directed to the Service Center where your case is pending and speak to an officer.
    However, you may not be able to do that if you lack the ND#.
    You may also be refused info., if your husband is the principal and you are dependent (is it EB based application?)
    Look into WAVA, if it's applicable in your case.

From: http://immigration.about.com/library...atusOnline.htm

Customers who do not have a receipt number will continue to receive information about their case by calling the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY for the hearing impaired) or by visiting their local INS field office.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Customers who do not have a receipt number will continue to receive information about their case by calling the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY for the hearing impaired) or by visiting their local INS field office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Customers', ProudUSC, doesn't necessarily mean 'beneficiaries'.

1. who is sponsoring who? is it family or employment based?

Thanks for all responses. My husband is sponsoring me. Our application is employee based. I really hope I don't have to call his lawyer for these information, because they might tell my husband I am looking into it. At some point(for example, if we plan to divorce), I might need to find a lawyer myself and take over my case. It's just I don't know how possible I can still get my green card. We have a infant baby to raise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Customers who do not have a receipt number will continue to receive information about their case by calling the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY for the hearing impaired) or by visiting their local INS field office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Customers', ProudUSC, doesn't necessarily mean 'beneficiaries'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She should be able to check on her status, RatE. Perhaps she'll find out otherwise, but it's worth a try.