publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How long is usual for security check?! Any Opinion?

I would like to know how long it took for your security check. I heard that security check for Muslims take unusually much longer than other nationals and religions. Please tell us where you are from, what religion you belong to and how long the whole process took for you to get your citizenship or green card?

Thanks.

I would like to know how long it took for your security check. I heard that security check for Muslims take unusually much longer than other nationals and religions. Please tell us where you are from, what religion you belong to and how long the whole process took for you to get your citizenship or green card?

Thanks.

Visit www.immigration.com website - there are plenty of stories there.

Actually it's 'name check' that usually takes the longest and it doesn't affect everyone from so called 'Muslim' countries, but sometimes there are non-Muslims from non-Muslim countries who are badly affected for having some unlucky name (such as Indian immigrant named Kumar who may share the same name with some known Pakistani Terrorist Kumar - and bingo ! It now takes 5 years to sort out that Pakistani Terrorist Kumar is not the same as Indian Surgeon-Doctor Kumar. All the while Doctor Kumar is living in anxiety, unable to visit his family back in India and worries what is wrong with the name check that it never completes, yet isssued 5 EADs from one year to another as long as proper fees paid and applications filed...)
    Another thing is what I call "killing a lizard in your backyard as a kid 30 years ago and telling it to friend during a bus ride in Miami"

I think it's time for Hollywood to start making some comedy movies about these stories.

Yeah, popular among Indians and Pakistanis.