free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 601 waiver

My wife entered (EWI) U.S. in November 2007.In March of 2008 she applied for religious asylum from China. She was denied asylum mainly because she could not prove she filed within a year of entering U.S., but granted withholding of removal. I filed I-130. It was approved. She is not eligible to adjust to perm resident due to having entered EWI. One attorney tells we can file 601 waiver and interview in U.S. another says 601 interview has to take place outside U.S. and risks not being allowed reentry. Can anyone offer us advise?

My wife entered (EWI) U.S. in November 2007.In March of 2008 she applied for religious asylum from China. She was denied asylum mainly because she could not prove she filed within a year of entering U.S., but granted withholding of removal. I filed I-130. It was approved. She is not eligible to adjust to perm resident due to having entered EWI. One attorney tells we can file 601 waiver and interview in U.S. another says 601 interview has to take place outside U.S. and risks not being allowed reentry. Can anyone offer us advise?

Someone12
    yea...stop marrying border jumpers. All they want is a green card, and their first step after their phony asylum claims are denied is to ransack the nearest trailerpark and find the biggest loser.....guess she succeeded.

You can file here, but you will probably be required to file for an immigrant visa overseas. You can do it in Canada or Mexico with another waiver of the requirement that she file in the country of her citizenship. In any event, if she returns to China for the immigrant visa interview and processing, I doubt if the Chinese government will do anything.

Thanks Federale. Would this be risky. what if she cannot get the Visa. We would not do it in China. We would look for another country.

Another country , yes the bible talks about another country ,Heaven ! Be faithful !

Regardless to the waiver, She entered EWI. she cannot be adjusted withing United states. There is one and only one way let within 8 C.F.R for illegal entry to get adjusted within US. and she is not qualify for that.
    she has to go out and do DCF. Just an advise as she is from china. Attorney should file the joint motion and get her V depart so she can save herself for one waiver while coming back. otherwise she needs severe hardship to USC/LPR.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Someone12
    even the trailer dweller is looking for loopholes....is it absolutely impossible to obey our laws? Or does your deity-of-the-day make some dogmatic claim to the contrary? (and accepted by brainwashed morons)

A 601 is always available for a spouse of a USC. You may need to contact your Senators to make sure it goes through. It will unless there are criminal convictions or terrorist related issues.

Someone12
    sorry Fed, but senators do NOT adjudicate waivers nor can they lawfully influence the outcome of a waiver request....