50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: "Z" Visa Holder

I'm wondering if the new "Z" Visa holder will be able to bring his wife right away from aboard or if he got married aboard will he be able to bring his new wife with him to the U.S.A or he has to wait until he became citizen after 13 years to do so.
    Thanks

I'm wondering if the new "Z" Visa holder will be able to bring his wife right away from aboard or if he got married aboard will he be able to bring his new wife with him to the U.S.A or he has to wait until he became citizen after 13 years to do so.
    Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Antton:
    Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Right away" subject to consular processing backlogs, red-tapes, protocols, etc., but definitely not after the "Z-1" alien becomes a citizen in 8 to 13 years. "Z-2" (spouse) and "Z-3" (minor children) visa classes are assigned to his/her dependent(s).

But, if I were you I might as well save my misgivings this early. I won't count the chickens before the eggs are even laid.

The whole week next week is critical; it's the make or break floor debate on amendments at the US Senate. And on Thursday/Friday, they have to garner 60 "ayes."

The Senate passage is the pre-requisite for the Immigration Subcommittee in the House in June to reconcile amendments; then the House Judiciary Committee toes the line for further amendments; then it's the House Rules Committee's turn to sift thru which amendments to present to the House Floor for debate, this is in July.

Then hopefully, in late July, the House can vote for the final passage where 218 "ayes" are required.

In August and September, hopefully the Conference Committees in both chambers can present a report for final vote.

... and somehow, somewhere yonder, a FINAL BILL will reach the President's desk for signature.

If the ball is dropped like before during this relatively smaller window, you have to have the same question about bringing your wife to the US sometime in 2009, or beyond, when the new President is sworn into office .......

If an illegal immigrant misses their wife and children soooo much, then they can always reunite IMMEDIATELY in their country of origin.

Whew! I am also dreaming myself that it's that easy: "all illegals go home to your countries and families" and that's it, America can move on minus this mess.

But it's like a French anecdote that goes: if they have no bread, let them eat cake! I remember one of my teachers of old that said, "if you want a work done effectively within the shortest possible time, do it correctly the first time because a mistake needs more time and effort to correct." I'm thinking all the time, the current immigration morass is the result of a string of missteps and neglect through the years.

Last Thursday's bipartisan deal reached by senators is far from perfect and yet in the raw, but something is better than nothing when no new immigration relief or corrective measures have taken place in recent memory. Nevertheless, the (illegal) immigrant community has ruptured in ecstasy mistaking it for the real thing thanks to the sensational media. It's like a water droplet for a parched throat.

Yet some quarters predict that still the prospect of a final bill passage to address this so complex a problem amounts to almost nil due to time constraints on the heels of a presidential vote. Much worse, a silent block of bipartisan legislators holds the opinion that leaving things as they are until after 2008 won't be that bad after all.

So amid all this, unlike many, I'd rather hold my fire on the strengths or weaknesses of the proposal(s) that may not even survive the various tests of the current political climate, within such a short period of time of deliberation, and the definite bruising legislative battles ahead.

(Just a thought - take it or leave it).

If his wife looks like a Zebra, then he might be able to bring her. Z visa is for Zebras.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Antton:
    Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a complete fool! Waste of everyone's time - ignore Macyuhoo!

Or Z visa is for those dumb students like you who got zero grades in school.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    What a complete fool! Waste of everyone's time - ignore Macyuhoo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Z-visa is nothing but an amnesty for those who disregarded America's laws and sovereignty, and who believe themselves to be too important to follow the rules.

In the past few days, I've watched illegals say that they won't even bother with the Z-visa...that they'll just continue with their fake, forged and stolen IDs. This is a sham being perpetrated on the American people.

What I want to know is whether the Z-visa has a time limit. In other words, can an illegal stay in Z-status forever...or must they apply for Permanent Residency after eight years (from their country of origin)? Also, how quickly must they pay the $5,000 fine...and why are they NOT going to have to repay their back taxes?

Of course, the proposed bill has ZZZZERO chance of becoming law...which is why it's called the Z-visa.