publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Asylum Granted--Travel to Syria to see my mom? Countries on terrorist list...

Hi,
    It's my first time on this website. I am palestinian who was granted asylum status indefinitely in the US with my two children March 2nd, 2007 after escaping from Saudi Arabia. My asylum was based on Demestic Violence. I can now obtain refugee travel documents and would like to travel and see my mom who lives in Syria. My sisters, brothers and extended family will all come to see me next summer, haven't seen them in 5 years. However, I am scared as Syria is on the Terrorist list of the State Department. A lot of people are saying, I can still go but I will be red flagged later when I apply for my citizenship..honestly, I have nothing to hide and I am just going to see my family... any insight on this will be very appreciated. If I call the DHS hotline, would they be able to tell me if this is going to be a problem or not? Please let me know if you have experienced this before or know anyone that can help me with advice.

Hi,
    It's my first time on this website. I am palestinian who was granted asylum status indefinitely in the US with my two children March 2nd, 2007 after escaping from Saudi Arabia. My asylum was based on Demestic Violence. I can now obtain refugee travel documents and would like to travel and see my mom who lives in Syria. My sisters, brothers and extended family will all come to see me next summer, haven't seen them in 5 years. However, I am scared as Syria is on the Terrorist list of the State Department. A lot of people are saying, I can still go but I will be red flagged later when I apply for my citizenship..honestly, I have nothing to hide and I am just going to see my family... any insight on this will be very appreciated. If I call the DHS hotline, would they be able to tell me if this is going to be a problem or not? Please let me know if you have experienced this before or know anyone that can help me with advice.

Any of your foreign travels, after your asylum application has been approved, which is "not" to your country of feared persecution (Saudi Arabia) on which your asylum claim was based in the first place, is fully allowed by the regulations, even to such an unfriendly nation as Syria. Just document your "compelling" and timely reunion with your immediate family members whom you haven't seen for a long time, just in case. This particular visit to be affecting your application for naturalization later is stretching the adverse possibilities too far. But then, if you want peace of mind, why don't you arrange your rendezvous in Jordan or Lebanon?