free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: H1 Transfer

Hi,
    Well, I m in real confusion as to what to do. I am working for this company A as a consultant, through another consultancy firm(which holds H1), who placed me with this company A. Company A wanted me to go fulltime with them as my contract ended, but then later said the HR is not ready to do H1 transfer. Think they dont have prior H1 transfers and may be they have to be educated. My boss really wants me. and he did talk to HR but they are still not ready to transfer. Is there any means by which the HR could be convinced. Will the attorney talk to my company A. Is it workable? The company A cant extend my contract because of budget, but only take me as fulltime. Now they have started to look for fulltime candiate who has green card or citizenship. I think if I have to go fulltime with company A my H1 should get transferred . Please help.
    Thanks

Hi,
    Well, I m in real confusion as to what to do. I am working for this company A as a consultant, through another consultancy firm(which holds H1), who placed me with this company A. Company A wanted me to go fulltime with them as my contract ended, but then later said the HR is not ready to do H1 transfer. Think they dont have prior H1 transfers and may be they have to be educated. My boss really wants me. and he did talk to HR but they are still not ready to transfer. Is there any means by which the HR could be convinced. Will the attorney talk to my company A. Is it workable? The company A cant extend my contract because of budget, but only take me as fulltime. Now they have started to look for fulltime candiate who has green card or citizenship. I think if I have to go fulltime with company A my H1 should get transferred . Please help.
    Thanks

Compnay B is worried about the money company will charge them. You will need to put all yr effort on yr manager and work thru HR educating them, and finding out the real truth on why they are slacking in engaging you.

Oh...Nthpole, Thanks so much for your reply. I think you maybe correct. I m gonna talk up with my Boss and then HR. As I said they need me but they are not ready for H1 transfer, and if I could bear the cost maybe they 'll consider. And you know I dont have problems with that consultancy firm , they are not worried about me leaving them. And one more question is? I am not sure if my new company is gonna sponser Green Card after H1B transfer(if they agree to transfer). Can I get it processed outside or can my old Consultancy Firm still sponser it.? And do I have to be with them for sometime while Green card is sponsered. Thanks in advance. Please help if you have any idea about this. Sorry for taking your time.
    Have a great year ahead !
    Thanks again.

Hey, u are not wasting my time. God answers us all.

You have another three years to transfer to a company thats willing to sponsor u.Yr consultancy firm i'm not sure they can sponsor u but check on that.Otherwise use H1b job boards to search for willing employers.

goodluck!

Just because a company sponsors you for an H is NOT a guarantee they will sponsor you for a green card. In fact if they are having such a problem doing a simple H transfer how do you think they will handle a tedious green card applciation ESPECIALLY if it is based on a labor cert.

Why in the world would a company that you are no longer working for (company a) sponsor you for a green card??