free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: invite my mom to visit me Im a resident

I'm a permanent resident and my wife is a U.S citizen, I recently joined the U.S Navy and I would like to know how I can invite my mom (and my dad later) to visit me for some time. I read that military personal gets preference aplying for a citizenship but we wanna bring my mom first.

I'm a permanent resident and my wife is a U.S citizen, I recently joined the U.S Navy and I would like to know how I can invite my mom (and my dad later) to visit me for some time. I read that military personal gets preference aplying for a citizenship but we wanna bring my mom first.

Welcome to the board.

You are I think a bit confused,to bring your mom and dad here to VISIT as you said,you do not need to do anything.If they wanna come and visit you,they can just come and visit you,depending from what nation they are,they might need to get a visitor visa,which would still not have anything to do with you,or what status you have.Doesn't matter matter if you are a resident,or a citizen or a miliraty personal.If your mom and dad wanna visit you,THEY must apply for a visitor visa,in case they needed,or they just come and visit for the time allowed by U.S. Costoms...

Unless you meant,u wanna bring your mom and dad to the US for good,to move here...then its a whole another story.

But you as a permament resident or citizen won't make a difference,who you would like to have visit first.It won't matter as far visitor goes,visiting you.Hope that helped

Your mom and dad would need to go to the US Embassy in their country and apply for a visitors visa. I'd suggest you visit the USEmbassy country website for more information. If their country is part of visa exemption program, they can visit you anytime.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrwww:
    I'm a permanent resident and my wife is a U.S citizen, I recently joined the U.S Navy and I would like to know how I can invite my mom (and my dad later) to visit me for some time. I read that military personal gets preference aplying for a citizenship but we wanna bring my mom first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to send them an invitation which will be the reason with sponsorship for US embassy to open visa. However, only US citizen able to do that. Your wife can help you with that.

you can do it... look at the I-134 instructions. Send them your military enlistment docs and whatever in that nature. I am not sure how Lima take that, but I seen some embassies that do take that in consideration. Even an asylee sent an I-134 and the asylum docs and his parents got a b-2 visa, so they can visit him.

Mrwww,

I am peruvian too!

Let me explain you how it works. If your parents want to come just to visit, then THEY have to apply for a tourist visa at the US Embassy in Lima. You and your wife can send them an invitation stating that you will cover all their expenses but THEY are the ones who have to qualify (prove the wont stay in the US illegaly and that they have enough ties to Peru). If they are over 65, it is way easier. Go to the Embassy's web page.

If you want to bring your parents as residents, then YOU have to become a citizen first. Then you can petition them.

Good luck.

Thank You Cayita,

why are people still talking around the circle? isn't that what I said earlier lol