50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: procedure

can anyone explain the procedure when an I-129f has been passed, what happens next as far as the embassy and what needs to be done

can anyone explain the procedure when an I-129f has been passed, what happens next as far as the embassy and what needs to be done

Here is the "normal" procedure. INS will take (now) about 6-12 weeks to process the I 129F. AFter approval, it will be sent to the embassy where the alien fiance lives. This will take about 2 weeks. The alien fiance will be sent a packet of papers to fill out plus some other stuff to do and be given an appointment date, based on the workload of the embassy. On average, figure the appointment will be about 6-8 weeks after the packet is sent. All total, 4-6 months start to stop, assuming no other glitches. Summertime is more hectic at most embassies so the 4-6 months will be closer to 6. In the late fall it will be closer to 4. Please remember, these are averages.

Here is the "normal" procedure. INS will take (now) about 6-12 weeks to process the I 129F. AFter approval, it will be sent to the embassy where the alien fiance lives. This will take about 2 weeks. The alien fiance will be sent a packet of papers to fill out plus some other stuff to do and be given an appointment date, based on the workload of the embassy. On average, figure the appointment will be about 6-8 weeks after the packet is sent. All total, 4-6 months start to stop, assuming no other glitches. Summertime is more hectic at most embassies so the 4-6 months will be closer to 6. In the late fall it will be closer to 4. Please remember, these are averages.
    On interview day, assuming no other problems, the alien fiance will be issued the K1 visa and be ready to go to the US.

thanks for your reply, i was hoping that once it was approved i could get back to the states, i overstayed a visa waiver. would i need to file more papers cos of that, im coming up to my `12 weeks now, im waiting for a K-3, and what kind of paperwork will they send me before my interview and will i have to bring my kids to the interview
    im so confused with this process, i thought i would be home within 4 months cos thats what they told my husband at the local ins office, thanks for your reply

I thought you were talking about the I 129F, for a fiance, not a spouse. Expect the K-3 processing time to be somewhat similar, but if you overstayed the visa waiver by more than 180 days you will likely need another kind of waiver (or if you have any other immigration problems).

i didnt not overstay but 90 days, i returned to my country and await my visa, thanks very much for your response, you have cleared up a lot of this for me, thankyou again, this has been very helpful