50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Student Visas?

How can i go by getting my little brother a Student Visa? Is it very difficult and how long does it take, how do i go by doing so.

Thank You so much for your reply that was very helpfull.

How can i go by getting my little brother a Student Visa? Is it very difficult and how long does it take, how do i go by doing so.

Thank You so much for your reply that was very helpfull.

Your question is too general.

Google "Student Visa", or "F1 Student Visa". You will get all the answers you need, including the current procedures at your local US consular office. Alternatively, visit the US embassy's website for more info.

Good luck

hi!

Your brother should also inquire regarding the university's list of requirements for admission (undergraduate or graduate studies) & specific deadlines for the degree program he is applying for.
    I know that international students are required TOEFL exams. GRE (in most universities) is also a requirment for graduate students.
    Once your brother is accepted at a particular university, he will be required to show financial statement showing he can pay for his education. You can be a financial guarantor for him (you need to fill our a form given by the school & you must show bank statements) or if he can apply for graduate assistantship (it's a lot better!).
    Once, your brother has satisfied the university's requirement (applications forms & fees, TOEFL, GRE, financial statements) and his application is accepted and approved, the university will send him an acceptance letter together with an I-20 document & an assistantship offer (if in case he applied for one & was offered one). he should bring all these documents when he applies for a student visa (F1).
    Remember, that even if your brother has been accepted in a university here in the USA with a valid I-20 document, it is not a guarantee that your brother's student visa application will be approved. If he is denied a student visa, I know that he can re-apply again (check the rules & regulations regarding the visa re-application at the US embassy in your country).
    Good luck in your visa application!!!

Jean, are you asking about your brother who is 13? That's high school age.

Yeas i am asking about for my brother who is 13