free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F-20 Problems in Syria

I am a *** native-born American and am attempting to get my Syrian partner into the country on an F-20 student visa. He was accepted at CUNY in its ESL program, and he was issued an I-20 plus all required paperwork. My sponsorship was accepted and he has extensive proof of continued ties to his country. (His family has financial assets -- would be considered upper middle class.)

However, the American Embassy did not even look at the paperwork when denying him in Jan. -- he was just told to come back in 6 mos. to a year.

In speaking with school reps, I was told that this is common procedure in many contries and the paperwork process will be repeated.

He will repeat the process in August. Is there anything I can do that will expediate or help the process?

I am a *** native-born American and am attempting to get my Syrian partner into the country on an F-20 student visa. He was accepted at CUNY in its ESL program, and he was issued an I-20 plus all required paperwork. My sponsorship was accepted and he has extensive proof of continued ties to his country. (His family has financial assets -- would be considered upper middle class.)

However, the American Embassy did not even look at the paperwork when denying him in Jan. -- he was just told to come back in 6 mos. to a year.

In speaking with school reps, I was told that this is common procedure in many contries and the paperwork process will be repeated.

He will repeat the process in August. Is there anything I can do that will expediate or help the process?

Someone12
    there is nothing you can do...because if the embassy officials do not believe that he will return to Syria after his "studies" they will deny his visa application..over and over and over...and there is NO paper nor document that can change that....none....they have seen through your scam.....

Gee, your nastiness -- or homophobia -- makes you miss the point: the documents were not even examined.

You have been SO helpful.

Someone12
    how do you know they were not examined? Were you at the interview? (no)...and NO document guarantees an individual's return to their country after a visit or study...none....if you believe otherwise, which document do you believe, according to current US law, instantly overcomes the presumption of immigrant intent? Which one? That's right...there isn't one. And no doubt the consular official figured out that this student visa request is nothing more than a feeble attempt by both of you (you and your partner) to gain admission to my country and live here permanently...and no paper will dissuade the embassy folks from believing otherwise....but, if you doubt this, keep on producing whatever silly document you want...and I noticed you did not deny my guess that this whole student visa deal is just a scam...nothing more. Homophobe, huh? What kind of 'phobe' are you?

The purpose of this discussion board is to discuss immigation issues/problems. You do not know anything about me or my partner -- our motives, our situation or sequence of events that led to seeking the student visa.

Yes, I do know the documents were not examined.

And you are wrong when you say that no documents can prove one will return to a country of origin. There are financial, family and rght of inheritance that is documented. The documents were not examinated so your specious arguments are moot.

Scam??? Is it a scam to come to this country to study? Would your posting be as pointedly negative and hostile if I had not named my sexual orientation?

Your homophobia is blatant and not tolerated in the 21st century.

Someone12
    so...find that document that is specifically mentioned in our laws that, in and of itself, overcomes the presumption of immigrant intent....I DEFY you to do so...
    and there is no such word as 'examinated'...which only proves that (a) you are an uneducated dufus and (b) you have no idea of whether or not certain documents were looked at since you were not at the interview...you were thousands of miles away....
    the key issue here is 'intent' of the applicant...and no paper can prove intent... .but again, for the learning impaired...please...find that document that is mentioned in our immigration laws that says otherwise.....
    the scam is that your 'partner' is attempting to use the student visa to live in the US of A with you....and that is not the purpose of same.
    As far as inheritance goes, well, a person can inherit property or assets without having to be a resident in a certain country...so that argument is worth nothing.
    And I don't care one bit about your orientation nor your partner's...a lot of people try to use student visas to gain access to the US for other reasons....that's no surprise.

I apologize. I looked at your other postings; perhaps you're not a homophobe but just a rabid anti-intellectual who wants to create his own country with people just like himself. . . . Most likely a conservative Republican whose hateful thinking is responsible for the overall screwed mess with which this country finds itself. I just don't get why you spend time on this site -- start your "anti-immigration" site instead.

Don't bother to respond to this message because it's going to be ridiculous.

bcoz he's a trash bag and he got banned everywhere,but dont waste your time with him ok. he's a loser and a paralegal wanna be ,just dont waste your time with him bcoz he doesn't know anything about this anyway

Someone12
    hey mike2007...how is the US of A? Oh, that's right...you're not even in this country....remind all of us again mike2007 about your "vast" experience working with various aspects of US immigration law??? Cleaning stables doesn't count...