50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Is it true?

I'm married to a US citizen and we filed I-485 on december 2008 but I still didn't get my employment card and it's been six months now.
    I keep receiving (so far 2) Request for additional evidence. My lawyer said that INS is delaying all employments cards that were filed in late december and january.
    Anybody in the same situation or know anything about this issue?

I'm married to a US citizen and we filed I-485 on december 2008 but I still didn't get my employment card and it's been six months now.
    I keep receiving (so far 2) Request for additional evidence. My lawyer said that INS is delaying all employments cards that were filed in late december and january.
    Anybody in the same situation or know anything about this issue?

I forgot to mention. We filed in Denver.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyer:
    Anybody in the same situation or know anything about this issue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well have you complied with supplying the additional evidence requested? The EAD, you have to stay on top of that. Count the days (90), call them every day if you have too, make an info pass appointment and make fire under their butts! Have you been called for your fingerprint appointment yet? Go on-line, at USCIS.gov create an account for yourself and put in all the receipt numbers of your applications. You might be able to gauge where it's at from there.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Yes, I've sent all the documents that INS asked me for.
    We filed in december and had my fingerprints done in january. Then in february received request for initial evidence (co-sponsor documents), and two months after (84 days into the counting)that I received the second request for additional evidence (co-sponsor birth certificate).
    I don't understand why my EAD is on hold for so long, when all the documents that INS needs, refer to the co-sponsor.

There is no policy of purposefully delaying EAD cards for any time frame or purpose. The delay is based on your failure to respond to requests for evidence.

I responded to ALL the letters for evidence in a matter of a couple weeks. I also checked online and saw that they received them. No delay was caused by me, specially because INS keep asking for things that have been already sent with my forms.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyer:
    I responded to ALL the letters for evidence in a matter of a couple weeks. I also checked online and saw that they received them. No delay was caused by me, specially because INS keep asking for things that have been already sent with my forms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know (how did you check on line) that they received your additional information for evidence? Did you provide your Alien-No.: on the newly requested info? I suggest you take extra copies of the information that was requested make an infopass appointment and bring the information there personally. You have to realize that USCIS is huge and sometimes when you send information it can be misdirected.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I checked on their website. It says that they've received the evidence requested and processing has resumed my case.
    The second letter, with the requested papers, in on its way to INS. It didn't get there yet.
    Thanks for the advice, kollerkrot. If I don't receive my EAD by next week, I'll make an infopass app.