publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: New 800 Phone Inquiry System On The Way!

Update :

Source: usimmigration.net

Update on the 800 Phone Inquiry System:

Michael Aytes, Director of Customer Service at USCIS, has informed AILA-USCIS liaison chair Bob Deasy that a new phone system is in the final stages of development that will allow customers direct access to information officers at the service centers for questions regarding pending cases and to facilitate problem resolution. The rollout date for the new system is not yet set because contracts have not been fully negotiated, but its implementation is projected for later this year. As envisioned by Mr. Aytes, calls will be directed to service centers based upon a caller's responses to prompts in the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system (the menus callers hear on the phone). The IVR menus are being restructured to facilitate the direct transfer of calls, and to incorporate a significant number of enhancements that are being added based upon input from AILA and other user communities.

This new system is a component of the overall customer service plan being implemented. The first step was Case Status On-Line. On April 19th, USCIS added new features to the Case Status On-Line system, one of which permits a customer to create a profile and maintain an inventory of up to 100 cases for which status information will be maintained. The second feature allows customers to register an e-mail address and to automatically receive e-mail notification of action on a pending case. Finally, USCIS is developing a "customer service portal" on the USCIS website. This portal will allow customers to generate their own referrals and inquiries, which will go directly to the service center or office processing the case.

It's about time.

Update :

Source: usimmigration.net

Update on the 800 Phone Inquiry System:

Michael Aytes, Director of Customer Service at USCIS, has informed AILA-USCIS liaison chair Bob Deasy that a new phone system is in the final stages of development that will allow customers direct access to information officers at the service centers for questions regarding pending cases and to facilitate problem resolution. The rollout date for the new system is not yet set because contracts have not been fully negotiated, but its implementation is projected for later this year. As envisioned by Mr. Aytes, calls will be directed to service centers based upon a caller's responses to prompts in the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system (the menus callers hear on the phone). The IVR menus are being restructured to facilitate the direct transfer of calls, and to incorporate a significant number of enhancements that are being added based upon input from AILA and other user communities.

This new system is a component of the overall customer service plan being implemented. The first step was Case Status On-Line. On April 19th, USCIS added new features to the Case Status On-Line system, one of which permits a customer to create a profile and maintain an inventory of up to 100 cases for which status information will be maintained. The second feature allows customers to register an e-mail address and to automatically receive e-mail notification of action on a pending case. Finally, USCIS is developing a "customer service portal" on the USCIS website. This portal will allow customers to generate their own referrals and inquiries, which will go directly to the service center or office processing the case.

It's about time.

Funny thing is.

It'll probably be outsourced to indian folks in india.

"Hi Habib. Can you check the status of my I-130?"

-= nav =-

mondin

LOL.

As long as its a free 800 #, I dont care who is on the other side of the line.

For those who are wondering...

Phone system new features will be as follows: calls will be directed to service centers based upon a caller's responses to prompts in the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system . The IVR menus are being restructured to facilitate the direct transfer of calls, and to incorporate a significant number of enhancements.

As far as I know Habib is a Muslim name and majority of INDIANS are Hindus, if you are poor at History/geography then keep your stupidity to your self. Take it easy.

I'm up for any improvements. The kids they have on the phones now don't know anything. The poor things are probably getting payed minimum wage to put up with (rightfully) cranky people all day.
    Have a nice day

i second that gluhbirne! the funniest thing was, i thought the guy on the phone to me from immigration was being a smart a**, as he kept saying...yes ma'am, no ma'am after everything i said. this got me more upset. a few days later i over heard my husband talking on the phone to his doctors office and he was saying yes ma'am, no ma'am, to the receptionist. LOL. i now know that this is the polite way to address a lady who is speaking to you (USA style). i have much to learn! back on the track of the calls being switched to the actual centres handling the cases....bravo!

LOL Those little cultural differences can be quite baffling sometimes, can't they? I heard a story of a Brittish exchange student who was taking a math test in an American highschool when he blurted out, "Does anyone have a rubber I can borrow?" The teacher was just stunned that he would dare to ask such a thing in the middle of class. The kids all started giggling. In the UK, I guess "rubber" means "eraser". Here it is slang for "condom." LOL
    Have a nice day