50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: To NJATTORNEY & MONIE

I just want to thank the both of you for taking the time to anwser questions on this board. Some people just don't get it.

I would really appreciate your advise: I fell in love with a Beautiful Colombian Angel but her visa expires 9/2/05. We have planned a 8/27 wedding here in the us. I am a citizen and want her to stay here. We have been together since 3/05 with proof. What do we need to do?

I just want to thank the both of you for taking the time to anwser questions on this board. Some people just don't get it.

I would really appreciate your advise: I fell in love with a Beautiful Colombian Angel but her visa expires 9/2/05. We have planned a 8/27 wedding here in the us. I am a citizen and want her to stay here. We have been together since 3/05 with proof. What do we need to do?

Once you are married, file the entire AOS package (forms I-130, I-485, I-765(EAD) if she needs Employment authorization, I-131 Advance Parole if she intends to travel internationally before the greencard is approved and if she has not overstayed more than 180 from the day her visa expired to the day you file for AOS, supporting documents form G-325a quadruplic form for each of you, I-864 affidavit of support, I-693 Medical examination)

All forms go together with all supporting documents including pictures (special format, take a look at the uscis.gov website)go to the Chicago lockbox address.
    Advance parole will be processed in about 30-60 days,EAD in about 30-90 days, and the processing times of the actual greencard will depend on where your interview takes place (take a look at local processing times on the uscis.gov website aswell)
    If your fiancee has never impersonated a US citizen or committed any crimes, your process will be smooth and all you have to do is bring evidence supporting the fact that your relationship is legit with you to the interview (such as wedding pics, pics with the two of you + family, joint insurance policies (health, car, etc) ticket stubs from boarding passes from trips you have taken together, etc)