Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Missouri Service Center MSC

Missouri Service Center Advises

I-765 application

Effective 12/19/01, the MSC will not issue RFE Letters for caseszwhere the I-765 application is submitted separately without proof of V status. In the past, if the MSC had received a ˜stand alone' I-765 application, they would issue an RFE requesting proof of "V" status if it was not enclosed. Effective 12/19/01, the MSC will issue an Intent to Deny Letter for all I-765 cases which do not provide proof of the "V' status. Before issuing the Intent to Deny Letter, a complete search of the system will be done. The Intent to Deny Letter will be issued if one of the following scenarios is indicated:

a. The member has failed to file the Form I-539 for V Status, or

b. The member has failed to obtain a V visa from the Consular Office. To overcome, the Intent to Deny Letter on the I-765 application, the applicant must submit proof that the " V' status has been already approved. If the I-765 application is denied, the denial does not preclude the member from:

a. Filing a new I-765 concurrently with the I-539 application with the proper fees attached, or

b. Filing a new I-765 with proof that a V visa was obtained from the Consular Office.

Denial of Applications.

A Notice of Decision to Deny on an I-765, I-131, or I-539 application is NOT APPEALABLE. The applicant can request that the case be reopened and reconsidered on a Service Motion. The MSC will respond to such a request within 14-30 days.

A Notice of Decision to Deny on an I-129F petition IS APPEALABLE. The applicant can submit an Appeal Form with the proper fee attached.

Applicant does not receive receipt notice.

If an applicant does not receive a receipt notice, they should send correspondence to the MSC requesting the special RFE so that they can obtain their fingerprints/Biometrics. The correspondence should indicate in bold letters at the top of the letter, "RECEIPT NOT RECEIVED."

1. MSC WILL NOT respond to phone calls. All inquiries must be made through the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) phone number 1-800-375-5283

2. I-765 Processing – 45 days after receipt of application, MSC will look for fingerprint clearance from the FBI, if cleared the MSC will complete I-539 and I-765 applications. If the prints have not cleared, the MSC will issue a reminder letter to have prints done. If the individual get the reminder letter but has already had their prints done, they just need to reply to the MSC when the prints were done.

3. K-3 Visas Applications – The MSC will not accept K-3 Visas without a copy of the I-130 receipt notice.

4. I-485 – MSC is forwarding interview ready cases for field offices if CLASS members, if not class member will deny I-131 and I-765 and issue an intent to deny I-485. MSC is holding off denial of I-485 until regulations are published. The I-485 cases are shipped on weekly basis to all District Offices.

NOTE: PHOTOS MUST BE SENT – biometrics does NOT preclude the requirement of PHOTOS. The MSC has seen an increase in cases without photographs which necessitates an issuance of an RFE to get the photos and delays the process

Missouri Service Center Advises

I-765 application

Effective 12/19/01, the MSC will not issue RFE Letters for caseszwhere the I-765 application is submitted separately without proof of V status. In the past, if the MSC had received a ˜stand alone' I-765 application, they would issue an RFE requesting proof of "V" status if it was not enclosed. Effective 12/19/01, the MSC will issue an Intent to Deny Letter for all I-765 cases which do not provide proof of the "V' status. Before issuing the Intent to Deny Letter, a complete search of the system will be done. The Intent to Deny Letter will be issued if one of the following scenarios is indicated:

a. The member has failed to file the Form I-539 for V Status, or

b. The member has failed to obtain a V visa from the Consular Office. To overcome, the Intent to Deny Letter on the I-765 application, the applicant must submit proof that the " V' status has been already approved. If the I-765 application is denied, the denial does not preclude the member from:

a. Filing a new I-765 concurrently with the I-539 application with the proper fees attached, or

b. Filing a new I-765 with proof that a V visa was obtained from the Consular Office.

Denial of Applications.

A Notice of Decision to Deny on an I-765, I-131, or I-539 application is NOT APPEALABLE. The applicant can request that the case be reopened and reconsidered on a Service Motion. The MSC will respond to such a request within 14-30 days.

A Notice of Decision to Deny on an I-129F petition IS APPEALABLE. The applicant can submit an Appeal Form with the proper fee attached.

Applicant does not receive receipt notice.

If an applicant does not receive a receipt notice, they should send correspondence to the MSC requesting the special RFE so that they can obtain their fingerprints/Biometrics. The correspondence should indicate in bold letters at the top of the letter, "RECEIPT NOT RECEIVED."

1. MSC WILL NOT respond to phone calls. All inquiries must be made through the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) phone number 1-800-375-5283

2. I-765 Processing – 45 days after receipt of application, MSC will look for fingerprint clearance from the FBI, if cleared the MSC will complete I-539 and I-765 applications. If the prints have not cleared, the MSC will issue a reminder letter to have prints done. If the individual get the reminder letter but has already had their prints done, they just need to reply to the MSC when the prints were done.

3. K-3 Visas Applications – The MSC will not accept K-3 Visas without a copy of the I-130 receipt notice.

4. I-485 – MSC is forwarding interview ready cases for field offices if CLASS members, if not class member will deny I-131 and I-765 and issue an intent to deny I-485. MSC is holding off denial of I-485 until regulations are published. The I-485 cases are shipped on weekly basis to all District Offices.

NOTE: PHOTOS MUST BE SENT – biometrics does NOT preclude the requirement of PHOTOS. The MSC has seen an increase in cases without photographs which necessitates an issuance of an RFE to get the photos and delays the process

Form I-765 Filing Instructions

Material needed when filing the Form I-765 with Immigration Services

Application must be completed and signed by Applicant .
    Must submit correct fee.
    Must submit signature card and ADIT Photos (2).
    If applying under "V" classification, must submit a copy of "V" Visa in alien's passport or a copy of Arrival-Departure Record (I-94 form).
    If applying under "K" classification, must submit a copy of "K" Visa in applicant's passport or a copy of Arrival-Departure Record (I-94).
    If applying under LIFE Legalization, must submit a copy of Receipt Notice (I-797) of LIFE Form I-485 pending.
    Form I-539 Filing Instructions

Material needed when filing the Form I-539 with Immigration Services

Application must be completed and signed by Applicant. If dependents are included in filing, supplemental sheet must be completed.
    Attach correct fee.
    Primary applicant and each additional beneficiary 14 to 79 years of age must submit a service fee for fingerprinting with their application. Processing cannot be completed until fingerprint results are received. Receipt notice instructs applicant to call the 1-800 number to schedule fingerprints.
    Must submit a Form I-693 for each applicant included on the I-539 (Medical Examinations of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of status. No vaccination supplement is needed).
    Must submit a copy of Receipt Notice (I-797) or other proof from the INS of a pending or approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
    Must have all documents (correspondence) to or from the Service Center regarding petition (if lacking other evidence).
    If Form I-130 is pending, a marriage certificate to establish relationship of spouse, and also a birth certificate to establish relationship of any children.
    Form I-485 Filing Instructions

Material needed when filing the Form I-485 with Immigration Services

Application must be completed and signed by Applicant.
    Attach correct fee.
    Must attach Fingerprinting Fee if applicant is 14 to 79 years of age. Receipt notice instructs applicant to call 1-800 number to schedule fingerprints.
    Must submit a completed and signed G-325A Biographic Data Sheet.
    Must submit ADIT photos (2).
    Must submit a Form I-693 (Medical Examinations of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of status. No vaccination supplement is needed).
    Must submit evidence of class membership in Catholic Social Services (CSS), League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), or Zambrano v. INS (Zambrano).
    Filing instructions for the Form I-129F.

Material needed when filing the Form I-129F with Immigration Services

Application must be completed and signed by Applicant. (A separate I-129F should not be filed for K-4.)
    Attach correct fee.
    Must submit a completed and signed Form G-325A.
    Must submit ADIT-Style Photos (2).
    Must submit a copy of Receipt Notice (Form I-797) or other proof from the INS for a pending or approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
    If the relative visa petition (Form I-130) is still pending for a spouse, submit a copy of the marriage certificate to establish the relationship.
    If the I-129F includes children (under the age of 21) who have a relative visa petition (Form I-130) that is still pending for a child, submit a copy of the birth certificate to establish the parent-child relationship.
    Submit copies of legal documents reflecting any name changes (for example; marriage certificate, adoption decree, or court order)

EAD Production.

The problem with EADs not being produced in some cases has been due to a problem with matching the image (photo) with the card. There were about 8,000 cards involved. MSC believes they have the problem resolved for future I-765s and have worked through the 8,000 or so cards that had not been produced.

Processing times.

Processing times for I-601, I-824, and I-102 are current (i.e., within 30 days of receipt) because the volume is extremely small.

IBIS checks.

IBIS checks have resulted in a slow down of about 25%. The worst is over but processing times are not likely to ever return to pre-IBIS productivity.

G-28 image/data issues.

There has been a disturbing pattern of attorneys not receiving notices from MSC. On investigation, it appears there are two distinct problems. One is related to image...the other to improperly completed G-28s. The image problem may be solved two ways. Either be certain that the G-28 you use is "1st generation" (in other words, is a crisp, sharp original and not a faded or blurred 3rd, 4th, or 20th generation copy). The second solution is to provide a white G-28 on top of the blue G-28. Why? The MSC prototype system collects data by scanning the documents at the Chicago "lock-box." If the image is blurred on the G-28 (black ink on blue background), the image may provide insufficient data.
    The second G-28 relates to improperly completed or incomplete G-28s. G-28s will be rejected if:

Missing signature-applicant
    Missing signature-attorney
    Incomplete address
    Foreign address
    Invalid revision date (using 09-26-00 version is "safest" because MSC acquires data through scanning rather than keying)

REMINDER Adjustment of Status.

The only adjustment applications (I-485s) processed at MSC are LIFE Legalization. DO NOT FILE I-485s for Ks & Vs at MSC. I-485s for Ks and Vs are filed at the local district office.

V Visa Issues.

(1) There has apparently been some confusion with the V approval notices. Despite the plain language in the 3rd and 4th paragraphs, apparently some individuals believe they can use the V approval notice (I-797A) as a visa or travel/entry document. One possible solution would be to simply reordering the paragraphs making the current 3rd & 4th became the 2nd & 3rd and moving the current 2nd to 4th position. Until there is a change (if there is a change) p lease spread the word that the V visa approval notice from MSC works like any other approval notice...ONLY with a valid visa.

(2) Reminder that MSC can only grant V-2 status until the 21st birthday.

Chicago Lock Box.

The Chicago Lock Box address should be used for initial filings only. All other correspondence and evidence should be mailed to the Service Center directly:

USINS – MSC
    PO Box 648005
    Lee's Summit, MO 64064-8005

MSC Advises of Error in TSC Notice on I-130 Transfers

As the LIFE receipts have been dropped, MSC has volunteered to help with the adjudication of I-130s. Texas is the first Service Center to send their I-130s. However, in transferring the electronic record to MSC, the wrong text was selected. The I-797 that was sent out tells the applicant that their case has been sent to MSC and they will be notified of their interview appointment. Needless to say, this has caused some confusion and to try to rectify the error, TSC will be sending letters to the petitioner to explain the error. I have attached a copy of the draft letter that will be sent. It may not be exactly this, but will be similar.

MSC to File Family-Based Adjustment of Status Applications

The Missouri Service is slated to become a "field processing center" where family-based adjustment of status applications (including the I-130 where concurrent filing is available and ancillary benefit applications like the I-765 and I-131) will be filed at the MSC instead of the district offices. Naturalization applications also will be filed at MSC instead of at the other service centers. MSC will perform the "pre-processing", including fee-in, IBIS checks, fingerprint scheduling and biometric collection, as well as issuance of the EADs and advance paroles. The file then will be transferred to the district office for interview. MSC expects to phase this program in, starting in June 2003 with applicants residing in northwestern U.S.

NYC was the first office to start this. Already up and running for them.