50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I130 question what to do next

Here is my situation: My parents filed I130 for me (unmarried son/daughter of permanent resident over 21) at September 1999 at Vermont service center. When we checked the processing dates we saw that at lart they processed our application. When I check it with online case status , there is no change in the case status but the date has changed to august 2004(probably the date that they processed it)
    now we wonder
    1. how long will it take to receive an answer?
    2 we heard lots of horror stories how people can't even find out about their case status. is there any way to make sure same thing does not happen to us (like contacting the office, getting a lawyer ) etc
    I would really like any pointers you can give me about what to do. thank you all.

Here is my situation: My parents filed I130 for me (unmarried son/daughter of permanent resident over 21) at September 1999 at Vermont service center. When we checked the processing dates we saw that at lart they processed our application. When I check it with online case status , there is no change in the case status but the date has changed to august 2004(probably the date that they processed it)
    now we wonder
    1. how long will it take to receive an answer?
    2 we heard lots of horror stories how people can't even find out about their case status. is there any way to make sure same thing does not happen to us (like contacting the office, getting a lawyer ) etc
    I would really like any pointers you can give me about what to do. thank you all.

If you don't hear anything in 30 days, call the number and ask them what's going on.
    Have a nice day

Hello, my son is in the same situatuion we feled to vermont and did't here from them Where did you find the date of aug 2004 for the 1st pref cat? I just checked Vermont's web site and it says Sep 99. It looks like aug 04 is for the fianne visa?