50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Affidavit of Support And Unemployment dole 2005 04 11

In the Affidavit of Support form, it seems to be mentioned that the Support would be for 40 quarters of work. if I remember correctly. Does this imply a period of 10 Years? I could never understand the meaning of this in the context of the support period.
    Does this mean, that those who have signed the affidavit of support remain responsible for their Family members for a period of 10 years even if the family members who have come as immigrants are employed for a period of the time.
    Can an immigrant come on Family Visa, and initially being away for two years on a Re-Entry Permit and after coming back being employed for nearly 3 1/2 years apply for unemployement , Dole, if the situation warrants it ?
    Whether being on unemployment-Dole at the time of Filing the Application for Citizenship [ I understand 4 years three months of continuous Stay is OK to file ] will have any any bearing on the accepatnce of the Application and for subsequent favourable disposition in the case?
    Can anyone urgently advise on these clarifications?

In the Affidavit of Support form, it seems to be mentioned that the Support would be for 40 quarters of work. if I remember correctly. Does this imply a period of 10 Years? I could never understand the meaning of this in the context of the support period.
    Does this mean, that those who have signed the affidavit of support remain responsible for their Family members for a period of 10 years even if the family members who have come as immigrants are employed for a period of the time.
    Can an immigrant come on Family Visa, and initially being away for two years on a Re-Entry Permit and after coming back being employed for nearly 3 1/2 years apply for unemployement , Dole, if the situation warrants it ?
    Whether being on unemployment-Dole at the time of Filing the Application for Citizenship [ I understand 4 years three months of continuous Stay is OK to file ] will have any any bearing on the accepatnce of the Application and for subsequent favourable disposition in the case?
    Can anyone urgently advise on these clarifications?

The sponsor remains responsible for the immigrant even though the immigrant is working.

Whether the immigrant can collect unemployment insurance depends on State rules, and each state has different ones. They usually require that you have worked for an employer who pays into the system, who let you go, and specify conditions including time limits. You must pay federal taxes on unemployment benefits, but I believe that they're not considered one of the "means-tested" programs that count toward being a public charge.

Thank you. I would appreciate on clarifications on the 10 year period and citizenship Application filing issues as well[ Like 4 years 3 months being Ok to file or wait for full 5 years etc.]

regards,