50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: what is adam walsh law

what is Adam Walsh law and when did they put that law into effect and how can it affect any approved document like I 129 or whatever? and what was the procedures before they put it?
    thank you for your help

what is Adam Walsh law and when did they put that law into effect and how can it affect any approved document like I 129 or whatever? and what was the procedures before they put it?
    thank you for your help

The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act (Pub.L. 109-248) was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 27, 2006. The legislation organizes *** offenders into 3 tiers, and mandates that Tier 3 offenders update their whereabouts every 3 months. It makes failure to register and update information a felony. It also creates a national *** offender registry and instructs each state and territory to apply identical criteria for posting offender data on the Internet (i.e., offender's name, address, date of birth, place of employment, photograph, etc.).

Other elements:

Gives the U.S. Attorney General the authority to apply the law retroactively (cf. ex post facto law).
    Establishes a national database which will incorporate the use of DNA evidence collection and tracking of convicted *** offenders with Global Positioning System technology.
    Increases the mandatory minimum incarceration period of 25 years for kidnapping or maiming a child and 30 years for *** with a child younger than 12 or for sexually assaulting a child between 13 and 17 years old.
    Increases the penalties for *** trafficking of children and child prostitution.
    Widens funding to assist local law enforcement in tracking sexual exploitation of minors on the Internet.
    Creates a National Child Abuse Registry to protect children from being adopted by convicted child abusers.
    The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act was signed on the 25th anniversary of the abduction of Adam Walsh from a shopping mall in Florida. Adam Walsh was found murdered 16 days after his abduction and the perpetrator of the crime has yet to be brought to justice. Adam Walsh's father is John Walsh, host of the television series America's Most Wanted.

I got it now, I read about it, and it ripped my heart the stories about those kids they put on the web site.