50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will There Be a November Surprise?

There is a lot of pressure on the democrats in this election. If they don't win despite a very unpopular president, a very unpopular war, scandals etc then it is the beginning of the end for liberal democrats.

If they win NOTHING will change for illegal immigrants as congress will spend the next 2 years in gridlock and the president will suddenly discover how to veto.

Quite obviously, if Democrats won Congress, they would support the President Bush's proposal for Guest Worker Program and it would be passed into Law sometime within a year or two.

However, Democrats will NOT win control of Congress and that's also quite obvious(absolutely most certainly won't win the House and I highly - H I G H L Y doubt their ability to take over the Senate).

All the hype the media creates (about Democrats being on the verge of taking the Congress) will only cause even higher turn-out of Republican voters in most competitive races.

P.S. Sugarpuff, don't get too excited now.
    Because not passing the Guest Worker program in near future (and I am certain it won't pass in near future as I am certain of sunrise every morning) will only make the Full Amnesty absolutely inevitable in relatively remote one.

IE

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that

The likelihood of a guest worker program gaining and maintaining widespread public support is tied to the liklihood that the U.S. economy will continue to grow. A change in the economy will also mean a change in attitudes about illegals. Bottom line, people are going to start cutting their own yards if the christmas bonus is canceled.

Full Legal Amnesty will never happen as it will set a precedence for other types of amnesty appeals: tax cheats etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Full Legal Amnesty will never happen .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wait and see.

I know you are not too sophisticated fellow, or else I would suggest you to spend some time, study US history, past and current trends, cycles, patterns and make your own judgement.

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

How much you guys wanna bet that whether democrats take over the congress or not the immigration bill will pass...If democrats win they will pass the legislation fairly quickly as they champion themselves as sympathetic to immigrants particularly "illegal immigrants" or undocumented immigrants
    if republicans win the bill will pass little slower but surely.. they will not wait for another election year for this issue to surface again ... they want people to forget in two years ... republicans wanted border enforcement then comprehensive legislation .. the fence bill is enforcement so next step will be guest worker program ... also don't forget republicans work for the mighty coorporations and their interests ...
    and those big coorporations want cheap labor.
    you guys remember republicans killing the minimum wage increase bill ????? hmmm how can they be working for the people and kill a bill that would help the poor class .. shame on them...
    abramoff, mark foley, duke cunnigham etc enough scandals to cause a stirr ... lets see if its just a bubble in the ocean or a tsunami of change ...

Impenetrable: I am not will never claim to be what someone such as yourself would call "sophisticated". I am content with being able to make my point while not resorting to petty name calling.

Your statement "just wait and see" although quite profound leaves me to wonder if you understand the level of disconnect that exists among the electorate and congress these days.

Moemoe: I think you are making a common mistake: you think the national media reflects the national attitude. Why were they predicting a big democrat win in 04? Because their polls are flawed and their attitudes are elitist. The average american is concerned about THEMSELVES. THey are not bleeding hearts who feel they have to give themselves to every cause that the media tell them is morally just.

The average american to date has TOLERATED illegals this does not mean however they are going to EMBRACE them. Don't forget their are millions of americans who had to stand in line in order to be here legally. Their potential resentment for an amnesty program never seems to be taken into consideration.

I don't know why though, THOSE PEOPLE CAN VOTE LEGALLY.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am content with being able to make my point while and not resort to name calling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I "call you a name"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Your statement "just wait and see" although quite profound leaves me to wonder if you understand the level of disconnect that exists among the electorate and congress these days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you tell me why don't you read what I write before making a comment on it?

I meant to say (as should be obvious to anyone who read my post) that you should only wait to see Full Amnesty to pass into Law, though not anytime in near future.

Disconnect, actually, is in your comment that reflects your disregard for context of reply.

As to "electorate not being happy" and "Democrats being on the verge of taking the Congress", it's all just a media hype (as I said before), because if you look at those "close races" (particularly the House races), and if you spend little time studying the current social issues, demographics, voting patterns and history of Districts where those so called "contested elections" will take place, then it should leave little doubt in your mind about the outcome of those elections.

Do your own research, don't just repeat what you hear from others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">..if republicans win the bill will pass little slower but surely.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, President Bush's Guest Worker proposal will NOT pass in the Republican controlled House.
    We know for fact that it did pass in Republican controlled Senate, so it doesn't make much difference for success of President's immigration reform proposal if Republicans retain control of the Senate.
    Moreover, if one looks at the record and actions on Senate floor of SJC chairman Arlen Specter, one can't wish for the better and wiser Senate Judiciary Committee leader.
    But when it comes to House, the prospects of Immigration Reform look dim (to say very least), as long as Democrats don't take a control of it.

The reason why Presiden't proposal won't pass in Republican controlled House is not because GOP per se is opposed to it (if you go to GOP website and read what Ken Mehlman was saying all along, you will see that National GOP leadership supports President's proposal) , but because if Republican controlled House of Representatives allows for passage of such Bill it would surely guarantee the loss of the House for Republicans in the first upcoming election - since there are certain Districts where the opposition to giving ANY kind of status to illegals is so strong that it might be just enough to unseat several Republicans , which in turn would cost the loss the House for the entire party.

SugarPuff
    you misunderstood me. I never meant that ppl are gonna vote democrats becoz they feel bad for illegal immigrants. Actually no one at the moment is thinking about illegal immigrants.
    Candidates are mostly campaigning on local issues.

Let me tell you this there are many more issues that are more important then immigration. Iraq war, Page scandal, Jack Abramoff, Duke cunnigham, unpopular president etc and all of them are going against the republicans. Immigration will neither help democrats nor republicans.

People rarely cross party lines to vote for a candidate. Mostly its the independent voters and/or the turn out of party voters that sway the elections. With sooo many scandals against the republicans i / many think that many republican voters will sit this one out or a large democrat turnout will help democrats or the independent voters will vote for democrats.
    and it has NOTHING to do with immigration.
    Although i'm very sure that illegal immigrants have their fingers crossed hoping for democrats to win.

With all the scandals and facts in the open i think republicans should sit one as minority so they could focus on ordinary ppl ... right now they're working for the corporations ... aren't they ???? If they win with all these scandals, they'll assume that no matter what they do americans will let them off the hook... which is ofcoarse NOT a good idea.

why they should not be elected ? why not .. change is always a good thing. No ?