Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ASYLUM

Hi,
    I am an asylum derivative due to my dad, and i'm already 21...
    He didnt ask my permission before getting me into this status...I wanna get out of it...what do i do?

Hi,
    I am an asylum derivative due to my dad, and i'm already 21...
    He didnt ask my permission before getting me into this status...I wanna get out of it...what do i do?

When you say "He didnt ask my permission before getting me into this status...I wanna get out of it" you sound as though you think the asylum status is unwarranted or beneath you. You could go back to the country you came from and this will automatically cancel your asylee status as there would no longer be a sound basis for fear of persecution. You can then apply for a visitor visa or permanent residency like everyone elses.

Or you can stop acting like an ungrateful little snot and thank your father for getting you of the h.ell hole you came from.

How do you plan on becoming legal prettyleleanor?

Simple, she's not. She's going back to her own country.

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for not expressing myself more eaborately...here we go!
    Firstly, i'm still in my country. Moreover, my dad petitioned for me when i was still a minor. But then, today, the embassy is calling for me to get the Visa, but i'm already a major...I have a good job in my country, and have already started my life here...with my job, pay slips and my bank statement, i can go to any country i want...so i do not want to keep the asylum status, and i think i'm big enough to decide...
    Sugarpuff, I dont know u, but there's one advice i'll give u! 'there's nothing like a big ego'...
    Anyway, I called the USA embassy, and i got the advice i want...
    THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!
    Eleanor.

I have a good job in my country, and have already started my life here...with my job, pay slips and my bank statement, i can go to any country i want...

Talk about big ego.

Asylum is supposed to be for the oppressd. You sound about as oppressed as a kid who lives on the upper west side. Either your a liar or your dad is a liar. Either way I hope the embassy finds out.

You seem not to know why people file in for asylum...
    one of the reasons could be political problems...and thats what he faced (even a minister can face it)!
    Anyway...i didnt say it to make u tremble...i said it as part of the explanation to my problem...moreover, tu est interdit de me repondre encors!

Do you even have a basic understanding of how the consulate thinks? A consular officer will have to determine if your fathers claim of "political problems" is legitimate and indeed puts him in an oppressive position that warrants "protection" from the U.S in the form of asylee status. They may wonder why these "problems" did not extend to his immediate family. By canceling your petition you are almost guaranteeing that your fathers petition will be denied.

Your so self absorbed you probably don't even understand this though.

As an adult, living a separate life from her Father, would that not make a difference in how her Father's case is regarded if she withdraws herself from the claim? If he is politically repressed, in danger, or whatever, it doesn't necessarily extend to her, does it?