Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need information, ugly panorama

Hello everybody!

I have been here since october 1998.The only proof of that is some old check stubs.

Then I went to my country and then returned.
    Well, this time the Border Patrol busted me and they got my finger prints, I think it happened in 2002.
    Now I'have been dating a girl for almost a year, and I'm afraid she is pregnant (she has not told me anything yet, but I think she is). We have been talking about living together (marriage), she is 20 years old.
    I have been reading a lot on the internet, but nothing that could answer my questions.
    If we get married, can she get me a permit to work and live here legally?
    Will the INS check the Border patrol database?
    How should we proceed?
    Does anybody know about the forms, and fees and time that will take app. to get a SSN and a driver's licence?
    I have been reading a lot, and chances are I'll have to leave the us.
    What would you do?

I have been here, and I've never paid taxes,
    I had no knowledge about that, we just fill the papers with some numbers and thats it..I have a bank acc, and I also own a car, and there IS a couple of tickets for driving withouth a license.

Thank you everybody..

Hello everybody!

I have been here since october 1998.The only proof of that is some old check stubs.

Then I went to my country and then returned.
    Well, this time the Border Patrol busted me and they got my finger prints, I think it happened in 2002.
    Now I'have been dating a girl for almost a year, and I'm afraid she is pregnant (she has not told me anything yet, but I think she is). We have been talking about living together (marriage), she is 20 years old.
    I have been reading a lot on the internet, but nothing that could answer my questions.
    If we get married, can she get me a permit to work and live here legally?
    Will the INS check the Border patrol database?
    How should we proceed?
    Does anybody know about the forms, and fees and time that will take app. to get a SSN and a driver's licence?
    I have been reading a lot, and chances are I'll have to leave the us.
    What would you do?

I have been here, and I've never paid taxes,
    I had no knowledge about that, we just fill the papers with some numbers and thats it..I have a bank acc, and I also own a car, and there IS a couple of tickets for driving withouth a license.

Thank you everybody..

You might still be able to get a tax id number to file your taxes. Once your married you will be able to get an ss#, and work permit, but you might have some trouble getting your visa, once finger printed the ins will find out, you will need to get a waiver showing extreme hardship for your usc wife. The first step in the long process is to have your soon to be wife file an i- 130 application on your behalf. Good luck in whatever road you choose. check out this wedsite.http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

Thank you very much.. Today i found a consultant And we met, He told me to ask my gf to fill a form I 29 or something about a fiance,
    thenI should leave and wait for about 8 months..
    and wait for a document, then go to the us embassy and request a visa, and then get married in not less than 90 days.. Obviously I'll lose my work and I'll be out of money..and I m just gathering information. Anyway.
    I get a tax id number, and get married, after this how do I or she gets a SSN for me? I just want to be prepared.. Will it be more than $1000? Should I pay my taxes as soon as I get that Tax number??

Thank you so much , Any help would be deeply appreciated.

something else.. The immigration consultant told me is big plus the fact that I speak english already and my high school diploma..is it true?

Ferby,

the history of your entries and time here is important:

1. how did you enter in 1998? Visa or without inspection?

2. In 2002, after the Border patrol busted you - were you sent back to your contry? got additional ban?

3. how and when did you come back to the USA after 2002 incident?

Hey man I don't think your consultant know what they're talking about. Speaking english doesn't make a difference, if you leave the country you will probably get a ten year ban, and if you pretended to be a usc to get in the country, you are ban for life. That's why your going to need a waiver. Adjusting your status is not going to be easy since you got caught at the border and finger printed. I don't know much, btu i think you should stay here and do the adjustment of status, your girlfriend will need to file an i-130 application for you. try and find a good lawyer, and beware because there are a lot of bad lawyer out there who will just take your money, and f u c k you over in the end. continue gathering as much info as possible, yoou might want to do you own paper work in the end.

Ferby,

your situation is not simple. It requires an experienced lawyer to deal with it. But first, find out if you can adjust status in the US or get visa at all.

So before I do anything , I should consult a lawyer?.

Thank you..

aneri,

Well both of the times has been without inspection.

And when they caught me, they sent us back. About the ban, I can not tell you, they just got our information and after a night they left us in mexico.

And the next day I arrived here, without inspection. Thanks again