free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Life depends on this

I am a student and have overstayed, I came here on visit visa. My Parents are fixing my wedding with a US citizen just because I will get green card if i marry a UD citizen. This marriage will be a permanent one.

I want to know for sure if I can get a green card after marrying because I have overstayed.

I am a student and have overstayed, I came here on visit visa. My Parents are fixing my wedding with a US citizen just because I will get green card if i marry a UD citizen. This marriage will be a permanent one.

I want to know for sure if I can get a green card after marrying because I have overstayed.

Are you seriously confessing to a crime on a public board? Maybe this is just one more of those fake posts intended to discredit family-based immigration applicants.

You need to read Jane Austin.

Not all cultures are the same, or remain the same.

All I wanted is a legal advise, can someone tell me the facts. please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanees:

I want to know for sure if I can get a green card after marrying because I have overstayed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You admit you overstayed. Were you aware of any consequences of overstaying when you received your vist visa? What do your parents know about the immigration system other than marrying a U.S. citizen possibly grants you a greencard. If you don't want to get married, nor on a permanent basis, visit the local USCIS office. You're not being clear as to whether you sincerely want to go along with your parents demands. What are "you" wanting? It's your life and having it "fixed" by others isn't true matrimony. India has arranged marriages and it's legal there. So does Sun Yun Moon of the Moonies.

No, a marriage is not a guarantee for a GC and if you want legal advise you need to contact an attorney.
    What do you mean by " this marriage will be a permanent one"?
    Marriages are supposed to be permanent ones, at least everybody thinks that before they get married, that is the whole purpose of being married.
    And why does your life depend on that?
    Why do your parents arrange that marriage, do they want you to stay in the US? Do they want to live here, too?

I'll have to jump in on this one too. vanees, do you want to get married to the USC your parents chose for you? This is a big step and responsibility! Are you from a culture of arranged marriages? In any event, your overstay is going to cause you trouble. It might be better for you to go back to your home country and wait for your 'chosen' husband to file for a K-1 fiance visa. Please don't do anything you will regret in the future.

Someone12
    a dirtbag visa cheat is a dirtbag visa cheat, no matter what kind of excuses or BS is offered....go the eff home, visa cheating dirtbag....