50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help N-652 interview results????

I just came back from my interview for U.S. citizenship (N400) Everything went great, I answered all the questions correct, there were no issues. and then the officer gave me form N652 and told me that I passed the english & history test and that the USCIS will send me a written decision via mail. On the N-652 form the 2 things that were checked were 1) "you passed the tests of english and us history and government". 2) "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application". Now i am so confused, I dont know if there is an issue or not and I feel like an idiot for not asking the officer whats the reason the N652 didnt have "Congratulations..." checked.
    Did anyone have similar expirience? should I be worried?

I just came back from my interview for U.S. citizenship (N400) Everything went great, I answered all the questions correct, there were no issues. and then the officer gave me form N652 and told me that I passed the english & history test and that the USCIS will send me a written decision via mail. On the N-652 form the 2 things that were checked were 1) "you passed the tests of english and us history and government". 2) "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application". Now i am so confused, I dont know if there is an issue or not and I feel like an idiot for not asking the officer whats the reason the N652 didnt have "Congratulations..." checked.
    Did anyone have similar expirience? should I be worried?

Hi upwes29 and welcome to the forum

I have not personally been through it myself but from what I remember hearing this same question on here and from others, is there have been a variety of reasons.

It has been from no reason at all but just a slight delay, to just verifying a small detail ie: if you have had a name change, some additional information added at interview since application, verifying a past traffic violation and so on.
    As you said that all went well and no issues were brought up I wouldn't really worry.

My suggestion to you would be give it some time (I can't remember if you have to wait a certain amount of days beforehand) and if nothing comes in mail then maybe get an infopass to find out more information about it.

Hopefully someone here who has been through the experience or knows a lot more will post some other answers soon.
    You could also try posting in another forum like immigrate2us and alike and see if others share your experience, which I am sure many have.

All the best
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Sprint_girl, thank you for your reply!
    Yes now that I think about it I did added info to my application at the interview, I added my selective service info and also my date of birth was entered incorrectly on my application (by my disapointing lawyer) So the officer had to correct that too. So you think I should get an answer within a week or 2?
    Thanks!!

You're welcome upwest29

I can't say for sure because only you know all the details but it may well just be because of those few minor additions and changes.
    Maybe they need to verify the match of your correct name spelling to the FBI name check or something and check your selective service info is correct.

I wouldn't worry, give it a few weeks and if nothing in mail, if you can get an infopass.
    I am not sure what the timeframe is before asking through infopass, maybe someone here or on another board who have been through it themselves can give you an idea how long this can usually take.

Please come back and let us know when you hear something and share that experience as it may help others too when it happens to them.

All the best to you!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    Adjudication officers don't necessarily always let the applicants know right after the interview as to whether their application for naturalization is denied or approved. Some officers prefer to notify the applicants about the decision thru mail, while others might need to take some more time to review the whole case again or might need supervisory approval. Further, having a supervisory approval on each application is must in some district offices.

That being said, there is nothing to be panic for. Just give it at least 3-4 weeks to hear from them. More if you live in a place where oath is not conducted that often. USCIS never sends out an approval letter on naturalization cases; rather only an oath notice. Most of the time the delay/waiting has to do with finding the spot to accommodate the applicants for the oath ceremony if there is no significant issue in their case.

Good luck....

Thank you for your reply! I will post an update when I receive something in the mail. Hopefully soon.
    Thanks again!
    Tom
    NYC

checked my mailbox this morning and the oath letter was there. i am soooo happy.
    Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by upwes29:
    checked my mailbox this morning and the oath letter was there. i am soooo happy.
    Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey upwes, good news!

All the very best at your ceremony! And Congrats!

That's the best kind of mail to get, upwes!

Congratulations!
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch