free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about sponsoring wife

Hi, its a great discussion board. lots of good and valuable info.

I'm a naturalized us citizen. Recently i got laidoff and my credit history got really bad. i am also thinking of filing bankruptcy.
    Will this affect sponsoring my wife?

Hi, its a great discussion board. lots of good and valuable info.

I'm a naturalized us citizen. Recently i got laidoff and my credit history got really bad. i am also thinking of filing bankruptcy.
    Will this affect sponsoring my wife?

Nooooooooo, not at all, bring her here a.s.a.p. and as soon as she gets off the boat take her to the nearest social security office, get her a card, and then go straight to any welfare office where she can get all kinds of goodies that morally and ethically she's not entitled to. But you already know this, so go right ahead, bring her here, the more the merrier. Take it S12

Hi newday2008, the only problem might be the I-864 which is the Affidavit of Support. Is your wife in the USA yet or not?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

surprise...surprise, the hideous muslim 'brit' who lives in Canada showed up. What took you so long? By the way, we gave you a big kick in your black behind today just like I predicted remember? NO DREAM ACT!!! not today, not tomorrow, not ever

Thx for your reply.

No Amnesty, I'm sure you may have some personal issues what bother you a lot and you try to dump your anger and frustation on people here in this board.

Anyway, life goes up and down, specially financially, you never know when it gonna hit you. I used to have a very good job making very good salary, and never thought I would be in this situation financially.The jobs in my field ran out suddenly. I'm sure I will get a good job soon, just need to wait little bit more.

My question is even if i file for bankruptcy now and if my luck favors, i find a job within few months, can i sponsor my wife by myself without taking help from other for affidavit of support ?

Thx board.

If you find a job that can meet the minimum requirements for the A of S then yes you will be able to sole sponsor.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

yes, my issues are with scumbags like you.

My house has been foreclosed and i'm going to file bankruptcy this month.

Say for example few months after filing for bankruptcy I get a job with sufficient income. Can i immediately sponsor for my wife or i need to wait till i do tax file with my new job?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newday2008:
    My house has been foreclosed and i'm going to file bankruptcy this month.

Say for example few months after filing for bankruptcy I get a job with sufficient income. Can i immediately sponsor for my wife or i need to wait till i do tax file with my new job? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

File for her NOW. AS of this moment you can probably still list the house as an asset on the sponsership form. They will use the equity if there is any as income.

The bankruptcy I will assume is also a strategy to temporary halt the foreclosure. It will buy you most likely another 6 months depending on the state you live in and what mortgage company you use.

Sponsership is not only about employment, it is about having assets, equity, cash on hand to meet the minimum support guidelines. Even your unemployment will be counted as income, as it is cash on hand. If you own your auto, you can consider it an asset to be counted as income. There are a great many sponsers and co-sponsers that do not hold employment because of their assets.

The only stategy you need, is at the time of the interview, if your assets and cash on hand are not sufficient, then you will need to have some type of job to supplement the difference between the assets held.