ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: HI

  1. #1

  2. #2

  3. #3
    hi and welcome,

    what do you mean by "my wife was benched"? Did not work or only did not get paid?

    Anyway, it looks like somebody broke the terms of H1B (although I am not expert in that area).

    To make it simple, your wife has been here without a status for a couple of years. However, she may still adjust status in the USA as an immediate relative of USC. Was that your question?

    I am just wondering why that hasn't been done earlier...(you became citizen in Mar 07)

  4. #4
    Woah doggy, partner. You got a big problem. Your wife is illegal. As an H1B, she has to be employed, earning the wage on her petition. Once she stops working and not earning that wage, she is out of status. Generally, USCIS gives them 30 days to find a new employer or leave. None of your filings will help. When she shows up for any action, she will be arrested. You will have to get a IJ to adjust you, which should not be too hard. Oh, and by the way, if you were harboring her before the marriage and while she was illegal, you committed a crime and can loose your naturalization.

  5. #5
    Oh, and we say MERRY CHRISTMAS here. The holiday we are celebrating is Christmas, not the season. So, why don't you try a little assimilation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: