50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Sister facing deportation,Help

We,my Mother,Father 2 sisters and brother immigrated to this country in 1973. My sister in question was 8 years old. Since then my Father, one sister and brother have become American citizens. My sister in question over the years was arrested and charged with 2 misdemeanors. That was in her past she had completed cosmetology school,started her own business Janitorial Service,and later her Realtors license. (She is divorced with 3 girls.)She went on a cruise to the Bahamas with her current boyfriend and was taken into questioning upon reentry into the US. She now faced a deportaion herring. The herring was not decided and her case was extended to July 20th. She since had a mental break down and returned to drugs and was arested with possession with intent to sell. No money was on her person but $5.00.
    Our family is so very close but she managed to hide her depression and return to drug abuse. We are all sick about what she has done with her life. It seems like she gave up.She is 41 now and has no memory of New Zealand the country we left so many years ago. She is mentally in need of help and if she is release to a country she knows not she will never be helped and I am afraid that for her not ever being able to see her 3 daughters ,whom she has full custody,her mother her dying father and her 3 siblings again would be a death sentence for her.

I know the best response to this statement is get a good attorney,but does anyone have any good stories to tell me for some glimmer of hope?
    Thank you.

We,my Mother,Father 2 sisters and brother immigrated to this country in 1973. My sister in question was 8 years old. Since then my Father, one sister and brother have become American citizens. My sister in question over the years was arrested and charged with 2 misdemeanors. That was in her past she had completed cosmetology school,started her own business Janitorial Service,and later her Realtors license. (She is divorced with 3 girls.)She went on a cruise to the Bahamas with her current boyfriend and was taken into questioning upon reentry into the US. She now faced a deportaion herring. The herring was not decided and her case was extended to July 20th. She since had a mental break down and returned to drugs and was arested with possession with intent to sell. No money was on her person but $5.00.
    Our family is so very close but she managed to hide her depression and return to drug abuse. We are all sick about what she has done with her life. It seems like she gave up.She is 41 now and has no memory of New Zealand the country we left so many years ago. She is mentally in need of help and if she is release to a country she knows not she will never be helped and I am afraid that for her not ever being able to see her 3 daughters ,whom she has full custody,her mother her dying father and her 3 siblings again would be a death sentence for her.

I know the best response to this statement is get a good attorney,but does anyone have any good stories to tell me for some glimmer of hope?
    Thank you.

Well, you say she has a "herring" before July 20th.
    That tells it all.

Good Luck,
    IE

Most important question of all, what's her current immigration status? Illegal? Overstayed visa? LPR?
    Having any criminal records at all is bad enough, but the additional drug charges is pretty much icing in the cake, especially if its a felony charges.
    The positive, she does have 3 USC children that totally dependent on her. Hardship waiver is extremely hard to get though.

If you presented the facts as they are, do you think anyone can let her stay here?

Simple question:would you let someone like that live in your house or in your town?

Your answer may differ a little here because its your sister, but pretty much she is a classic case of deportation because of her immoral and illegal orientations.

Well, i dont have any good good info to give you that might hlp your sister and i really feel for you and your family..
    Althought im not a lawyer, things sound very bad and the crminial records will be a big albatross on her back even if she was a LPR...

What i would like to ask you is whether she would accpet living in canada if she was ordered to leave the country?
    Reason im saying that is because the canadian system is a bit more generous then the U.S. if you have a bit of money and good work experience then you should ry to apply for some of their immigration relief.

Also, let me share a story with you guys, about a 4 years ago, one of my friends's friend was ordered to leave the country after he failed to make a good claim for asylum. What happened is, he drove to the canadian border, filed for asylum and told them the US wanted to send him back to a country where he fears persecution and he's claim were accepted base on he exact same claim made in the US.
    Canada is more lenient toward people that has no tied to their native land.

I will copy-paste this from my earlier responce to similar post:

1. What I find demanding of attention is that almost every other immigrant poster on this site claims to be either a criminal him/herself or an immediate relative of a criminal.

Could it be so out of proportion? Could it be that all immigrant criminals visit this particular website? (if you go to www.immigration.com website & forum you will find above million posts - very few among them by "convicted/criminal immigrants" - and you will get a better idea of what I am talking about) .

Obviously, someone (or some team of anti-immigrant PR-ists) works tirelessly on this board to create as bad image for immigrants as possible.

2. The OP, in my opinion, is fake.
    Her story sounds just as fake.
    Even assuming that it was true, this forum would be the last place she would have come to ask what to do (HUSBAND IN JAIL! INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED and etc.), instead she would contact an immigration attorney.
    If she was so poor that she coudn't hire any legal assistance, she could at least go to the local Church and ask for referral to pro bono attorneys ( USCIS also has list of local non-profits who provide with legal assistance in case of compelling need).

In the last instance it's not the "PHONY" part of these stories PER SE that catch my attention (someone wants to play around and post c r a p? Well, let them, who cares!).
    But this seems to be a part of intentional attempt by some mebers (on this particular board) to create as bad image of immigrants as possible.

I urge all REAL IMMIGRANTS to visit www.immigration.com and respective forum for real immigration related info and assistance.

Good Luck,
    IE

"Herring" omg, cant stop laughing...reminded me of this phrase:
    "Fishing is all about one j**k waiting for another j**k."

Here comes another of the Odins' Völvas.