free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do I start?

I have a friend that was in the US on a visa which expired.. not quite sure how long ago, but now that he has left the country, he tells me he can't return for five years... where do I begin?

I have a friend that was in the US on a visa which expired.. not quite sure how long ago, but now that he has left the country, he tells me he can't return for five years... where do I begin?

What's your point ? What do you want to do ? Be clear so we can help.

James

I want to bring him back!!!!

What visa? How long did he stay over? We need to know more!

Considering your friend already left the country on an expired visa, there is almost nothing to do for your friend to come back and must serve however length of time. Your friend could possibly have done something about his status if he was still in the US during his visa overstay, but that all depends on what visa he came to the US with. good luck

ok.. I'll be honest here... I am clueless.. hence the name PlzHelp.. I am a USC and have not a clue about immigration law. I am just now beginning to do some reasearch. My friend and I dated for five months during his stay here. He returned home to visit with his sick mother. There is somewhat of a language barrier between him and I. It is VERY hard to communicate over the phone about all the details of his visa because his English isn't all that great (nevermind the costly bills). In my reasearch, I have found the possibility of a Fiance Visa. Can anyone help me with details of this? Thx :-)

There is a chance for you to take the Fiance visa route to bring this person back, but remember, this person is already out of the country and chances are the U.S. embassy/consulate will most likely deny whatever visa application(s) he files. Of the stories I heard from friends and/or friends that left the country on visa overstays, I have not heard of one of them successfully being granted a visa to visit the U.S. again. They must fulfill the 3/10 yr ban. If you really want to persue this, you may want to consult an immigration lawyer to find what options are available. Good luck.

so the chances are thin?

Yes Roland is right in his observation.You are also right that there is very slim change for him to come back legally,i mean using legitimate process.
    BTW, you must be checking this site almost evey minute as this has been visited more than 200 times and that is the most visited portion in this forum