50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: difficult situation --greencard lottery

I won Greencard lottery. I'm 67, I have a wife, She is 60, We have permition to go to the USA. but my wife have a mom. Her mom has 80 years old, and she hasn't any children, only my wife. We can't to get permision for her. How can we take her with us to the USA. We have a son, he has greencard in USA and work there about 10 years. Please , help us with advise.We can't to leave her alone to the mercy of fate.

I won Greencard lottery. I'm 67, I have a wife, She is 60, We have permition to go to the USA. but my wife have a mom. Her mom has 80 years old, and she hasn't any children, only my wife. We can't to get permision for her. How can we take her with us to the USA. We have a son, he has greencard in USA and work there about 10 years. Please , help us with advise.We can't to leave her alone to the mercy of fate.

From a social point of view,it makes no sence for you guys to even come here,considering your age and retirment plan.

Did you even think about that? not to mention why would you even bring your wifes mom here who is 80 years old?

You guys won't be able to work or find work that fast or soon,and how is your riterment plan gonna work out and all?

make a list and compare where you'd be better of financially and mentally,the country you are from or moving into a new country with the age of 60?

unless you are rich,then just ignore everyhting lol.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but you understood your family's situation when you applied for the DV...and you also knew that you would NOT be able to have your mother-in-law immigrate to America.

Now, you have a decision to make.

If you cannot "leave her alone to the mercy of fate," then you will be unable to immigrate to America.

SunDevil is of course right.

If you wish to sponsor a parent you would first need to obtain Citizenship. Allow 6 years before your Mother could join you.

You may wish to consider how you would address Medical issues for yourselves, never mind your Mother. Always amazes me how any one can consider moving to the US at this age, I will be looking at going back the other way.