50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 Problem

My wife and I are happily married and were wondering why we are having such a problem with getting her 751 finalized. Here are the facts:

I am US citizen by birth. Married May 2004 to a Philippine gal. Both of us married for the 1st time with no children. We are happily married.

We filed for my wife's biometric and work permit as well as I-485 with the Minnesota regional office and they returned it saying we had to send it to our Nebraska office. We did so. In less than year, my wife was sent a notice to appear at the Minneapolis center for an 'interview.' All went well in Minnesota. (We were puzzled as to why we had to come to this interview. We thought we were to appear 2 years after our marriage.)

We filed my wife's 751 (Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence) in December 2006. We sent the following: lease agreements, bank statements, credit card statements, 3 years annual tax filings, registration with both name on car resigration, life insurance policy, two statements from friends notarized saying we were happily married, employer's statements, etc. We than received a notice to go to our biometric center again in Milwaukee, Wis - this was the second time. (First time was when we filed her I-485)

In Sept. 2007, my wife received a statement from Nebraska office, asking for 'all the above same information again!'We were not given a new #A number.

Instead we were told to send this information to a special department with a special form letter that they (Nebraska Office enclosed) that referred to our former A# file number on our intital 751 form.

This is the last paperwork that we think we need to file in order for my wife to get her 10 year green card.I made one mistake in sending this package. I did not get a signed signature of acceptance from the post office that the Neb. centered received it. Nor, did they send me a confirmation letter that they received it.

I am wondering if I should send it again so that I have proof that I did send it. Neb. center asked for all this information to be sent by Dec. 2007. It was sent within 2 weeks.

Did the Neb. center lose our initial paperwork? Why ask for the same information? Actually this is the 3rd time they received all this information- if I were to count the I-485 information. We just update this info every time they ask for it. Is this routine processing of the I-751?

Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

My wife and I are happily married and were wondering why we are having such a problem with getting her 751 finalized. Here are the facts:

I am US citizen by birth. Married May 2004 to a Philippine gal. Both of us married for the 1st time with no children. We are happily married.

We filed for my wife's biometric and work permit as well as I-485 with the Minnesota regional office and they returned it saying we had to send it to our Nebraska office. We did so. In less than year, my wife was sent a notice to appear at the Minneapolis center for an 'interview.' All went well in Minnesota. (We were puzzled as to why we had to come to this interview. We thought we were to appear 2 years after our marriage.)

We filed my wife's 751 (Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence) in December 2006. We sent the following: lease agreements, bank statements, credit card statements, 3 years annual tax filings, registration with both name on car resigration, life insurance policy, two statements from friends notarized saying we were happily married, employer's statements, etc. We than received a notice to go to our biometric center again in Milwaukee, Wis - this was the second time. (First time was when we filed her I-485)

In Sept. 2007, my wife received a statement from Nebraska office, asking for 'all the above same information again!'We were not given a new #A number.

Instead we were told to send this information to a special department with a special form letter that they (Nebraska Office enclosed) that referred to our former A# file number on our intital 751 form.

This is the last paperwork that we think we need to file in order for my wife to get her 10 year green card.I made one mistake in sending this package. I did not get a signed signature of acceptance from the post office that the Neb. centered received it. Nor, did they send me a confirmation letter that they received it.

I am wondering if I should send it again so that I have proof that I did send it. Neb. center asked for all this information to be sent by Dec. 2007. It was sent within 2 weeks.

Did the Neb. center lose our initial paperwork? Why ask for the same information? Actually this is the 3rd time they received all this information- if I were to count the I-485 information. We just update this info every time they ask for it. Is this routine processing of the I-751?

Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi DJ, I just went through the whole I751 process. You wont get a new A# you will keep the same A# that you got from the beginning. They will always make you go in for a biometrics appointment and I also received the same letter asking for everything again after I had sent my I751 in. Dont worry about it all it is telling you is that IF you did not submit the following or if you want to submit more they are telling you where to send it. I also went through the Nebraska office. Sometimes they will make you go for an interview as well. This process took a year to complete for me from the time I filed my I751 to the time I received my green card.

Thanks for the response. Believe it or not...the day that I posted my problem...my wife and I received in the mail her permanent green card!

That was only a 2-3 weeks waiting time after sending all our information in for the second time. I guess that special department and address expedites everything !!!!!

Hi DJ,

Congratulations!!! Glad you have good news to share. Best of luck to you both.