publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Sponsers who've been minipulated by an immigrant?

Sponsers who've been minipulated by an immigrant?

I'm looking for advice, forum, etc.

We got married in a hurry just before his visit-visa expired. We only knew each other for 3 months. I then payed the INS fees and another $1k for a lawyer. We cannot get along now so divorce seems the only choice. We've been married 1.5 yrs and he has been back to his country 4 times (which I mostly financed the costs)and his work is low paying anyway thus the divorce lawyer says he will probably get alomony of 1/3rd of my salary for about 9 months. Plus, he is entitled to half the community property and he will probably get the car that I am making payments on.

He has lived with me 1.5 years without paying a single bill. He will walkaway with a greencard, car, jewelry, and alamony.

I think I'm getting shafted!!

Is there anything I can do to reduce my losses?

Thanks, Masona

Sponsers who've been minipulated by an immigrant?

I'm looking for advice, forum, etc.

We got married in a hurry just before his visit-visa expired. We only knew each other for 3 months. I then payed the INS fees and another $1k for a lawyer. We cannot get along now so divorce seems the only choice. We've been married 1.5 yrs and he has been back to his country 4 times (which I mostly financed the costs)and his work is low paying anyway thus the divorce lawyer says he will probably get alomony of 1/3rd of my salary for about 9 months. Plus, he is entitled to half the community property and he will probably get the car that I am making payments on.

He has lived with me 1.5 years without paying a single bill. He will walkaway with a greencard, car, jewelry, and alamony.

I think I'm getting shafted!!

Is there anything I can do to reduce my losses?

Thanks, Masona

that *****! I feel sorry for you.

I have the same problem. We are divorced now and she took the money and not the bills.
    My real problem and yours is my signing of the I-864. We are responsible for the immigrant for 10 years, until they become a citizen or die or leave the country. You are responsible for medical and other benefits provided by government agency's. I was told tonight the INS may not be enforcing the I-864 contract which we signed, which I would like to confirm.
    Wish us luck.

What is the status of your I-485 and green card, interview etc.
    You may still have a chance to revoke the I-864.
    Don't let this go a far as my case. Your losses are small compared to what they might be in the future.