50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: My friends hubby is disabled and sponsoring her

My friend is canadian and her and her hubby have been married 19 yrs they have a 11 yr old daughter(both her husband and daughter are us citizen's) and her husband became disabled in 2/04 from a stroke he is now 39 yrs old and fighting for his socail security. He is her sponsor and has no income is this going to cause them problems they do have a lawyer and she is trying to get her employment auth as well. they are not sure if they can find a joint sponsor or not. she last entered into usa 5/02 and has been her since...please any advice or help would be appercaited thank you

My friend is canadian and her and her hubby have been married 19 yrs they have a 11 yr old daughter(both her husband and daughter are us citizen's) and her husband became disabled in 2/04 from a stroke he is now 39 yrs old and fighting for his socail security. He is her sponsor and has no income is this going to cause them problems they do have a lawyer and she is trying to get her employment auth as well. they are not sure if they can find a joint sponsor or not. she last entered into usa 5/02 and has been her since...please any advice or help would be appercaited thank you

Not familiar with I-864 procedure.
    My guess is (I don't know exact statute, just my assumption) that since he is disabled she would be allowed to stay and take care of him even if the strict income requirement is not met.

Here is the thread you may look at:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...ighlight=I-864

You can also post your question here:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...splay.php?f=39

Good Luck,
    IE

Thank you I will let them know, she was very worried that she would be denied they have been married almost 20 yrs. She was told she may not have to do the medical exam but she didnt think that was correct. I know she is worried and wants to get able to work so she can support her husband and daughter. He is unable to drive or anything because of seziures so right now he really depends on her alot. Thank you again

he's trying to get SSDI but so far is still fighting to get that . No luck on the joint sponsor as of yet.
    Right now he and their child are getting public asst. she is not on the public asst with them and this is why she wants her work auth so she can support her family since her husband is unable to do so. If her husband gets ssdi he will get approx 1100-1200 a month with 2 yrs back pay less attorney fee's. What happens if he cant met the income req.? and they cant find a joint sponsor? Also at what point does she need to do her medical exam and what is all involved in that? she knows they will do blood work for HIV and sphyliss and TB skin test and a urine test is anything else going to go on during the exam ?

Visit the above recommended forum and post your questions there.

Good Luck,
    IE

Any assets?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.