Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First G.C. has not arrived

Hello

I have been waiting for my adjustment of status since April 5, 2002. Yes, thats almost 4 years. It's been a long, unpleasant journey, but finally, this month, on January 4, 2006, I received the WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES letter, notifying me that my application for permanent residency has been approved. And that my Permanent Resident Card "should" arrive in the mail within 3 weeks.
    Well, over 3 weeks have passed and I have not received it. After almost 4 years, I dont want to wait any longer! What to do?
    Can I go to my local office (NYC) and get my passport stamped? How can I get my physical green card?
    (Last year I applied for renewal of my EAD - have never received it either - whats going on??? Will the same thing happen with my green card? Approved but never recieved?).
    I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Hello

I have been waiting for my adjustment of status since April 5, 2002. Yes, thats almost 4 years. It's been a long, unpleasant journey, but finally, this month, on January 4, 2006, I received the WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES letter, notifying me that my application for permanent residency has been approved. And that my Permanent Resident Card "should" arrive in the mail within 3 weeks.
    Well, over 3 weeks have passed and I have not received it. After almost 4 years, I dont want to wait any longer! What to do?
    Can I go to my local office (NYC) and get my passport stamped? How can I get my physical green card?
    (Last year I applied for renewal of my EAD - have never received it either - whats going on??? Will the same thing happen with my green card? Approved but never recieved?).
    I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

have you moved lately?

I moved in June of 2005.
    I sent the AR-11 etc. back then.
    The WELCOME TO THE U.S.document was mailed to my home address.
    I have also verified my new address with USCIS a couple of times last year while I was inquiring about the EAD that I never received.
    I worry something is wrong with their system. A lawyer I consulted last year also told me there have been complaints about documents that have never arrived.
    My Advance Parole has expired and I need to travel so i wonder if there is anything I can do immediately.

Your card is one week late and you think something is wrong?!!

Take a pill

My card has not arrived within the time frame.

I would like to know if I can go and get my passport stamped. The rest is speculation, but my experience is just not working in uscis favour.

I understand your frustration. I am just trying to convey to you that SOMETIMES you can do more harm than good by "kicking the machine as it may fall on you (that is a metaphor that is supposed to illustrate the futility of demanding that an unresponsive bureaucratic system respond timely to demands of competence).

That being said, you should have been told to report to your local INS office for the I-551 stamp. Said stamp will alow you to travel. The actual green card is outsourced to a subcontractor (I believe) and they seem to always be behind.

Contact your local USCIS office about getting the I-551 stamp. But don't let them know you are frustrated...they feed off that stuff.

Sugarpuff.
    Thank you.
    I am glad to hear I can get the stamp. I dont want to be in limbo anymore! I know there is many people out there with much worse stories, but i lived this one, i am allergic to the system, all my plans were dependant on them since I got here. I really need a break.

Ulabo,

adjustment of status based on what?

Have you had an interview for AOS? When?

It would be a good idea to check out with the local office what's going on.

Just to prepare you (I hope this wouldn't be the case), many people reported getting Welcome letters after submitting change of address form.

Is this part of why I am nervous - because I dont know if it is true? I came in on a fiance visa, got married within 90 days.
    I was scheduled twice for an interview and received a cancellation letter twice.
    Then, I receive the letter saying my application was approved. No interview, no request for evidence, just fingerprints (last May). Should i inquire at the local office and "wake up the wolf" one more time?
    How much more should I wait to contact uscis?