free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Marriage Fraud- PLEASE ADVISE

Three years ago, during a June wedding, my sister met and married a 'wonderful' Ethiopian man. In December of that same year, she returned to Ethiopia- they were engaged. By September the man was here- they were married in October/November- (2 ceremonies).

Fast forward, Nov. 2007, their INS review came up, they were interviewed about their marriage, etc. In Jan. 2008, he received a letter that he is now a permanent resident. Feb. 2008 he tells my sister he wants out of the marriage. This is after sponsoring both his brother and his father.

What can we do? Clearly this man married my sister to become a citizen.

Thank you for your advice.

Three years ago, during a June wedding, my sister met and married a 'wonderful' Ethiopian man. In December of that same year, she returned to Ethiopia- they were engaged. By September the man was here- they were married in October/November- (2 ceremonies).

Fast forward, Nov. 2007, their INS review came up, they were interviewed about their marriage, etc. In Jan. 2008, he received a letter that he is now a permanent resident. Feb. 2008 he tells my sister he wants out of the marriage. This is after sponsoring both his brother and his father.

Thank you for your advice.

First of all a permanent resident
    can not sponsor a father (parent) or a brother.

Second of all you said your sister fell in love
    they been together 3 years.She took oath to the
    USCIS officials the marriage is in good faith.
    Your sister have the choice of what she's getting into.Now if she claim that the marriage
    is a fraud she'll be in deep trouble . Sorry.

Not familiar with the immigration language.... that said, somehow both this man's brother and father are here. the father through a lottery though....

My sister married this man for love. He on the other hand did not! In her eyes, the marriage was/is in good faith.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wmn:
    Feb. 2008 he tells my sister he wants out of the marriage. This is after sponsoring both his brother and his father.

Thank you for your advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. If you have "evidence" you can present it to DHS/USCIS.

Perhaps a lesson learned here. I will be curious to see if down the road a "real" Ethopian wife appears.

Your sister should count herself as lucky and move on with her life. She should also not go back to Ethopia for any reconcillation trips/visits she might disappear.

Divorce causes all kinds of bad emotions, often the desire for "revenge" after being scorned. A Western Woman and an Ethopian man had little in common to begin with, perhaps the marriage was doomed from the start.

This is one of the problems that comes along with marrying a person who has a background and character that you cannot verify. Tell your sister to stick to American Men your family knows and can verify are of good moral stock.
    "Being all fashioned of the self-same dust let us be merciful as well as just"
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by republicanwriter:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wmn:
    Feb. 2008 he tells my sister he wants out of the marriage. This is after sponsoring both his brother and his father.

Thank you for your advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. If you have "evidence" you can present it to DHS/USCIS.

Perhaps a lesson learned here. I will be curious to see if down the road a "real" Ethopian wife appears.

Your sister should count herself as lucky and move on with her life. She should also not go back to Ethopia for any reconcillation trips/visits she might disappear.

Divorce causes all kinds of bad emotions, often the desire for "revenge" after being scorned. A Western Woman and an Ethopian man had little in common to begin with, perhaps the marriage was doomed from the start.

This is one of the problems that comes along with marrying a person who has a background and character that you cannot verify. Tell your sister to stick to American Men your family knows and can verify are of good moral stock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your post.

Funny you should say a "real" Ethopian wife appears... my sister checked cell phone records and there is a very apparent pattern of phone calls to one tel. #. My sister called the #- an Ethiopian woman answered, denying he knew this man.

She is documenting everything. Is there a possibility his visa could be revoked? Deportation maybe?????

Is there a possibility his visa could be revoked? Deportation maybe????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, with a solid evidence that he planned to commit fraud or that the spousal visa should have not been granted (like - their marriage is invalid due to the fact that he was already married to someone else )...

Be careful of getting advice on this board. Most of the immigrants on this board obtained their residency by marriage fraud.

Please have your friend see a lawyer immediately. If possible get an annullment based on marriage fraud. Seek to protect financial assets immediately by closing accounts in both names. If there is the slightest altercation, have her get him arrested. The immigrants on this board have always set up their spouses and had them arrested to claim abuse. Do not let this happen to your friend.

Move quickly is the best advice.

Good luck.
    These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is one of the problems that comes along with marrying a person who has a background and character that you cannot verify. Tell your sister to stick to American Men your family knows and can verify are of good moral stock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RW: I think you should be careful on what you say. Marriage doesn't happened overnight.
    There is a dating time. It's up to one to make choices.You're always responsible for your own decision and if you make mistakes, the best way
    is to correct them and let it be a lesson.

and please don't make it sound that only american men has good background. We have the whole world and lots of good men around!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Be careful of getting advice on this board. Most of the immigrants on this board obtained their residency by marriage fraud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never take an advice from a devil.