50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name check cleared, what's next?

I just learnt last week, may be the week before, that FBI cleared my name check. I got a lot of summer activities planned including weeks out of the country. My naturalization case, is of couse, my first priority. I would like to have an idea what to expect for the next couple months.

I just learnt last week, may be the week before, that FBI cleared my name check. I got a lot of summer activities planned including weeks out of the country. My naturalization case, is of couse, my first priority. I would like to have an idea what to expect for the next couple months.

it entirely depends on your local office

are you out of normal processing times? do you wait for an interview or oath?

I am way out of normal processing times and I am waiting for an interview.

Good news on that Smeagolrocks. Lets hope you are in a low immigration area of the country. If so, you shouldn't be waiting long for an interview. I'm curious to know when you filed your N-400.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Oh that was long time ago. I filed in April 2006. I was about to file a law suit in a few months then my lawyer told me that the Name Check is cleared.
    I live in Denver. I do not know if it is a low or high immigration area. It is probably somewhere in the middle.

Have they redone your fingerprints recently or not?
    If not, that's probably the next thing you will be (re)doing. That could be a good sign that the USCIS are about to schedule your interview. Having said that, sometimes it still takes a while after the namecheck being cleared for them to act (administrative processing etc).
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

I have not done a second fingerprints.

I believe this is the only thread (since I joined the forum) where somebody is not complaining about the FBI namecheck.

Good luck Smeagolrocks!
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Oh I got nothing to complain about. It only took them 2+ years and I did all the good I could, in all the ways I could, as long as ever I could.:-)