50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-485 Pending

I file I-485 for a person who is a student, over 21 years of age, due to oversight or neglect by the student adviser his F-1 visa was not extended. uscis also mailed him a Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motions, he is very much confuse.

Parents are US Citizens.
    At the same time his I-485 is still pending.
    What should he do now?
    Need urgent help in this matter for all experts.

I file I-485 for a person who is a student, over 21 years of age, due to oversight or neglect by the student adviser his F-1 visa was not extended. uscis also mailed him a Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motions, he is very much confuse.

Parents are US Citizens.
    At the same time his I-485 is still pending.
    What should he do now?
    Need urgent help in this matter for all experts.

What do you expert say on this case, What should he do now?
    Any response in this matter, please.

How does this person qualify for adjustment. What category are they seeking? Married, child, worker etc??

The immigrant visa must be available for an I-485 to be filed.

This is an Old case I think it was file in 2000, by LPR Parent, Now USC, Petition was upgraded.
    Petition was file in Dec. 2000 and before April 30, 2001. In general, section 245(i) of the Act allows an otherwise admissible alien who has an immediately available immigrant visa to apply for adjustment of status upon payment of a $1,000 surcharge, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Memo dated March 9, 2005 I am sure they are qualified applicant is in the U.S. as student.

Dilbert1984:
    Subject (2)Petitions I-130 was filed in Dec. 2000, It was upgraded in April 2006, as soon as parents become a USC. This Petition was approved in May 2007, As per Notice of Action as stated in I-130 Petitions applicants will apply for Adjustment of Status in the U.S.
    When contacted National Customer Center, at 1-800-375-5283 they informed applicants that visa number is available for applicants who's I-130 Petitions were filed on or before April 31, 2001. As such the uscis is now processing applications filed by April 2001.

Applicants had already completed all the requirement of forms I-485, for(2)Petitions.
    One of them received an Interview letter for next month.With out any Notice of Action informing the beneficiary that I-485 is approved.

When you look at the web page of uscis, they have listed both are pending with out any action since June 2007.
    What one should understand about the working of this Government Agency.
    Most recent parents had mailed all the documents to the Commissioner and the Head of the State, at Washington, D.C. Which has been received at White House.

Both of them had received an Interview letter from Uscis for October and November, 2007.
    Hope all go's well, keep your finger cross.

Will appreciate any info on interview.
    They have no Attorney Parents are working on this case, and have gained a good knowledge of the Immigration laws.