free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSS/lulac

I had my interview 3 months back for CSS settlement. The officer was very pleased with my interview and doc.After interview he shook my hand even said "This case looks very good,let me review". He also ask for copies of my passport from my lawyer. When we got out from the building my lawyer said "we don't need to send the copies.." Even I mailed copies of PP to my lawyer to send to officer.he didn't...Do u think it will be a good idea to send the copies of my passport to the officer directly now....i know his office address...it has been 3 months though...plz comments

I had my interview 3 months back for CSS settlement. The officer was very pleased with my interview and doc.After interview he shook my hand even said "This case looks very good,let me review". He also ask for copies of my passport from my lawyer. When we got out from the building my lawyer said "we don't need to send the copies.." Even I mailed copies of PP to my lawyer to send to officer.he didn't...Do u think it will be a good idea to send the copies of my passport to the officer directly now....i know his office address...it has been 3 months though...plz comments

Have you asked your lawyer why he believes there's no need to send the copies that the officer requested?

Freedom1

I drop by personally to his lawyer office and ask him...he just saying we don't have to give him..he never gave me any good reasons....he has always negative attitude about this cases...its too late to change lawyer now i think...

As per ur post dated aug30th, u were still awaiting response on ur I687 application, there was no mention of interview in ur last posts.And I believe ur life act was denied and ur case was pending in appeal. Howcome sudden change in ur post. Pls. advise. If I missed anything in between.

pearl, u didn't miss anything.Still I am waiting for a reply for my i678. I interviewd 3 months back...at that my attorney told not to worry about that copy of pp...now it seems like it may be a reason..not hear anything fron cis...yes u right my life still in appeal...i like to know now ..is it a godd idea to send the copies of my PP to the officer after that long..he want them 3 mons. back..????

I believe if the officer have asked for something u shd provide if u have it. As per your post, ur interview went fine, pls. advise how did they deal ur case under settlement rules or life act. And wht office did u go to. As in most offices they r not accepting any other docs beside official evidence like life act rules. And wht docs did u take this time which pleased the officer and was satisfied.

i don't know.. he just go over with the application i678...nothing else... I gave him all the affidavits that I have...all the work permits...advance parole etc....i don't have any other doc...also gave my current job letter...tax returns etc. thats all....

Pls. advise wht state/office did u go to. As every office has its own criteria. But eventually all of them have to follow the settlement rules, thts wht i believe. As in Miami, the officers r persuading everyone to withdraw thir case and threatning that if they dont they'll deny these cases under fraud and will never be able to apply or adjust status. Also, they claim that after withdrawing the case the applicant will still be able to renew their work permit. Which i doubt very much as if u take ur case back then how can u qualify under tht classification. Very confused.