free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INTERVIEW QUESTION

My interview is coming up, i was hoping some of you can share some experince, Im in New york. We have a lot of joint accounts, but we dont have a lease because the friend of mine who used to live here let me stay here withouth raising the rent. If i brake the lease and have my name on it the rent would go up. would this cause any problem? also the car isnurance is under her mothers name, because it would be to high it was under his and i dont have a drivers license.
    little things like that bother me.
    what should we make sure before the interview.
    thanks any thoughts would b e appreciated.

My interview is coming up, i was hoping some of you can share some experince, Im in New york. We have a lot of joint accounts, but we dont have a lease because the friend of mine who used to live here let me stay here withouth raising the rent. If i brake the lease and have my name on it the rent would go up. would this cause any problem? also the car isnurance is under her mothers name, because it would be to high it was under his and i dont have a drivers license.
    little things like that bother me.
    what should we make sure before the interview.
    thanks any thoughts would b e appreciated.

Hello Bianca1,

There is a list of what paper works you need to bring on the interview letter. Make sure to run a check on your list if you have them.

Marriage base 1-485 right? Ok for the ID
    a state ID will be ok. Insurance and leases are no big deal but make sure you can explain why you don't have them and tell the truth. If you have joint accounts , pictures together, letters
    you'll be fine.

this is important, bring all the original copies
    of all the papers you submitted to USCIS. Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, 1-94 ,and all the passports that you used. Your social security card, EAD card, State ID etc.

goodluck

also bring all the orig copies of reciepts /NOA
    applications the USCIS send you.

Most questions will be base on the papers you submitted, how you two met and about your wedding and families.

thank you guys for replying. If he changes the address on his drivers license does it have to match his data on the insurance? My lawyer advised us to change the address on his driver license. but the problem is that the insurance is under his mothers name as well as the car, because he had a car accident before and he he were to pay the insurance it'd be to high. can he change the address and have a diff. address on car insurance and diff. on driver license??

I just had my interview in NY 2 months ago. I also did not have a lease. All they asked us for was pictures. Upon seeing the pictures the agent was pretty convinced. She asked us who certain people in the photos were. She asked how we met. She asked for mail with both our names and a joint banking acct. It was all done within 10 min. The agent was super friendly!

Have your friend write out a statement and have it notarized attesting to the fact that she's allowed you both to reside in the dwelling and the reason why. It's not like they're going to rat you out and report you to the owner. Make certain she writes both your names and the address on the statement. What's the issue with the driver license if the insurance is in his mother's name, not his name?

Her mother can add his name on the insurance.

Why do you need to change his drivers license
    address?

THank you for answering.
    Well, the driver license was a suggestion from my lawyer to have as many things in under our address as possible. She suggested to have his driver license address be changed where we live together.
    The car insurance is under his mothers name since his insurance would be way to high due to a serious car accident.
    As for the lease so i'll have my friend write a letter and have it notarized.
    We have utility bills, credit card, plenty of pictures, no health insurance it was way too expensive, no lease, debit card, car and insurance on his mothers name.
    i dont know what else should i get before the interview, i know that all these things count. This is NOT a fraud marriage we love each other very much ,im just fearing that just because we dont have all that paperwork that other people have, im referring to the health/car insurance and lease we;ll have probelms. :-9 so im trying to the the best i can.
    what do u think?

Her mother can add his name on the insurance of the car. Insurance can do that.

Yeah he can change his address on his Driver's license.

You can tell USCIS you can not afford the insurance, any financial matters you have
    they understand this stuff.like I say just be yourself as a couple.Don't lie , tell the truth.

Remember to bring all the original copies of your paper work and make a photo copies of each.