50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Re entry permit

I have green card for 10 years and intend to travel out of US.
    I need to visit my home country for long pending legal /property matters and my programme is not of fix tenure. It may settel early or take long time.

I intend to apply for reentry permit from USCIS so in case if I have to stay longer, i can manage.
    (1)Is applying for reentry permit is good option?or IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION?

Can I depart after biometric completes and before USCIS's decision? and will return before 6 months if USCIS deny my application?

is this possible?

(2)Can I deny admission at port of entry even with valid reentry permit?

(3)If my work completes earlier, can I enter in US earlier, say after 4-6 months aftre departure?

Thank you

I have green card for 10 years and intend to travel out of US.
    I need to visit my home country for long pending legal /property matters and my programme is not of fix tenure. It may settel early or take long time.

I intend to apply for reentry permit from USCIS so in case if I have to stay longer, i can manage.
    (1)Is applying for reentry permit is good option?or IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION?

Can I depart after biometric completes and before USCIS's decision? and will return before 6 months if USCIS deny my application?

is this possible?

(2)Can I deny admission at port of entry even with valid reentry permit?

(3)If my work completes earlier, can I enter in US earlier, say after 4-6 months aftre departure?

Thank you

1. yes, no, yes, yes.
    2. Yes. CBP can deny readmission even if you have a valid re-entry permit, but not likely.
    3. Yes.

Remember a reentry permit does not protect from anything except having to have a valid immigrant visa for an alien living outside the U.S. 1st reentry permit usually does not cause any problems, but after the 1st one, CBP can decide to refuse entry based on your not living in the U.S.

It is for a temporary need to be overseas for a long period. You case sounds like it will be OK.

Shakr

What is going on with your citizenship application/ You got your greencard in january, and your n400 should be close to interview or approval.. correct?

I believe you had a question in the past about income tax returns,... well if you did not have income, then you are not required to file. Hope that was not the hold up on you filing for citizenship

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    Shakr

What is going on with your citizenship application/ You got your greencard in january, and your n400 should be close to interview or approval.. correct?

I believe you had a question in the past about income tax returns,... well if you did not have income, then you are not required to file. Hope that was not the hold up on you filing for citizenship </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4now, what it be, whats happening? i had few minutes spare time . nice to see good ole peeps still around.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y