publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I); 212(a)(6)(c)(i)

Hi ,
    I traveled to USA (SFO) but at the port of entry in SFO, the customs dept, stopped me and sent me back to my country.
    They wrote CANCELED on my visa and mentioned the below rules on the Visa.
    FINS1069739911
    22CFRY1.122
    212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I)
    212(a)(6)(c)(i)
    They also said i can visit USA next time .Could you please tell me whether the above mentioned rules have any impact on my next trip to USA. Do i need to get any approvals or can directly go for Visa stamping next time.

Hi ,
    I traveled to USA (SFO) but at the port of entry in SFO, the customs dept, stopped me and sent me back to my country.
    They wrote CANCELED on my visa and mentioned the below rules on the Visa.
    FINS1069739911
    22CFRY1.122
    212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I)
    212(a)(6)(c)(i)
    They also said i can visit USA next time .Could you please tell me whether the above mentioned rules have any impact on my next trip to USA. Do i need to get any approvals or can directly go for Visa stamping next time.

Hi Abhinay,

Welcome. Can you provide additional details? What country are you from and how often do you visit the USA? Have you ever been denied entry before?

hi abhinay,

they hit you with being immigrant without proper documentation and and fraud / willful misrepresentation. Has any petition ever been filed on your behalf? Do you have A# number? Have you lived in the USA?

212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I)
    "According to INA 212(a)(7)(A)(i), any immigrant who, at the time of application for admission:

who is not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by the Immigration and Nationality Act, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality if such document is required under the INS regulations, or

whose visa has been issued without compliance with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act,
    is excludable.

A waiver is available under INA 212(k) where the Attorney General is satisfied that the exclusion was not known to, and could not have been ascertained by the exercise of reasonable diligence by, the immigrant before the time of departure of the vessel or aircraft from the last port outside the United States and outside foreign contiguous territory or, in the case of an immigrant coming from foreign contiguous territory, before the time of the immigrant's application for admission"

212(a)(6)(C)(i)
    In general.-Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmissible.

way out:
    (i) Admission of immigrant inadmissible for fraud or willful misrepresentation of material fact:
    (1) The Attorney General may, in the discretion of the Attorney General, waive the application of clause (i) of subsection (a)(6)(C) of this section in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of admission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawfully resident spouse or parent of such an alien.

.... doesn't sound like you can just come and visit in the future.

Someone12
    another scumbag who thinks he/she is going to (a) get a visa immediately and (b) be admitted to the US shortly thereafter...
    listen up...when you go to apply for a visa, well, how are you going to explain your fraud???? Try to blame the border folks? Good luck....You won't be coming back to MY country anytime in the foreseeable future.....and good riddance....we don't need nor want irresponsible slime like you taking up space in MY country.....

Hi,
    I am from India and that was the first time i visited USA. I have neither traveled to any other country before and nor any visa was denied.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Hi Abhinay,

Welcome. Can you provide additional details? What country are you from and how often do you visit the USA? Have you ever been denied entry before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Aneri,

If my soupse gets a legal Visa (L1) to work in USA, can i get L2 visa as a dependent?
    If not, whats the other choice for me.
    hi abhinay,

they hit you with being immigrant without proper documentation and and fraud / willful misrepresentation. Has any petition ever been filed on your behalf? Do you have A# number? Have you lived in the USA?

212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I)
    "According to INA 212(a)(7)(A)(i), any immigrant who, at the time of application for admission:

who is not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by the Immigration and Nationality Act, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality if such document is required under the INS regulations, or

whose visa has been issued without compliance with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act,
    is excludable.

A waiver is available under INA 212(k) where the Attorney General is satisfied that the exclusion was not known to, and could not have been ascertained by the exercise of reasonable diligence by, the immigrant before the time of departure of the vessel or aircraft from the last port outside the United States and outside foreign contiguous territory or, in the case of an immigrant coming from foreign contiguous territory, before the time of the immigrant's application for admission"

212(a)(6)(C)(i)
    In general.-Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmissible.

way out:
    (i) Admission of immigrant inadmissible for fraud or willful misrepresentation of material fact:
    (1) The Attorney General may, in the discretion of the Attorney General, waive the application of clause (i) of subsection (a)(6)(C) of this section in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of admission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawfully resident spouse or parent of such an alien.

.... doesn't sound like you can just come and visit in the future.[/QUOTE]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abhinay:
    If my soupse gets a legal Visa (L1) to work in USA, can i get L2 visa as a dependent?
    If not, whats the other choice for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I say NO, you have a ban .. I think you should find out why you were denied entry under those provisions of the law. If you read it carefuly, it basicly says that you were a permanent resident (..if you've never been to the USA, you can't be permanent resident) without green card (or other valid document) and tryed to enter without disclosing that. It appears from your answers that this is NOT the case (to make sure: have you EVER been granted an immigrant visa to USA? how about your parents?). So, they either made a mistake (wrong provision of the law)or maybe there is another person with your name and DOB that is a permanent resident...

Who do you have in the USA? Anybody that can hire a lawyer on your behalf to take a look into this?

Did you get any additional papers when you were denied entry? If yes, read them carefuly! Does anything seam like it doesn't "belong" to you? an A# number?

Can you tell what questions / your answers made immigration officer NOT to grant you entry?

....just my thoughts...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abhinay:
    I am from India and that was the first time i visited USA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume you signed a withdraw of your application for admission and were not ordered removed by expidited removal, but in any case, you cannot come into the U.S. because you were found to have commited fraud, which is a lifetime ban. Sorry, no chance of coming to the U.S. without a waiver, if it is available, even on a L2.