free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-751 we have to go for an interview and i dont understand why

My husband is from Ireland and we have been married since August 2003.

He got his green card and we wnt to the aos interview no problem and the officer told us in 18 months we would have to file a 1 751 to lift the conditions but he said it should be no problem...
    well we sent our i751 form in july 2006, we had to send more evidence to prove a bona fide marriage.
    so we sent
    1. Bank statments in both our names.
    2. health insurance in both our names...
    3 car insurance in both our names
    4 taxes filed in both our names
    5. vacation itinerary in both our names...
    6 our AAA membership in both our names

we got a mail back 2 months later stating we had "INSUFICCENT EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT BONA FIDE MARRIAGE" we were baffled ...we needed to send more evidence...

since we do not own our own house and live at my mothers, we sent
    1. an affidavit from my mother stating we live at her house as man and wife
    2. TEN affidavits from friends stating our marriage
    3 a copy of the paper from rays work saying that i am the beneficiary on his life insurance
    4 cards from my handicap sons (his stepson, my son from a previous marriage) saying i have my husbands name as a contact down in case of an emergency
    5 copy of school reports that said both my husband and i attedned my sons school meetings.
    6 a copy of the tax return check in both our names
    7 boarding passes from our trip to disney
    6 dozens and doezens of photos of us in Ireland, at the beach, in disney, on holidays, at the pool, at friends house, at amusement parks, etc...

well , we sent that in , and now we got a mail saying we both must report to the USCIS in philadelphia for an interview!!! I have heard they dont call interviews for this unless it is supsicous...

what more do they want from us??? what could be wrong?

please, any feedback wold be apprciated...i am really really scared ...did anyone else ever hear of this before?

we have a friend, who has a wife in Belgium and all they sent in was 1 utility bill, and one affidavit from a friend, and thiers was fine...

im so scared.
    Jyll

My husband is from Ireland and we have been married since August 2003.

He got his green card and we wnt to the aos interview no problem and the officer told us in 18 months we would have to file a 1 751 to lift the conditions but he said it should be no problem...
    well we sent our i751 form in july 2006, we had to send more evidence to prove a bona fide marriage.
    so we sent
    1. Bank statments in both our names.
    2. health insurance in both our names...
    3 car insurance in both our names
    4 taxes filed in both our names
    5. vacation itinerary in both our names...
    6 our AAA membership in both our names

we got a mail back 2 months later stating we had "INSUFICCENT EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT BONA FIDE MARRIAGE" we were baffled ...we needed to send more evidence...

since we do not own our own house and live at my mothers, we sent
    1. an affidavit from my mother stating we live at her house as man and wife
    2. TEN affidavits from friends stating our marriage
    3 a copy of the paper from rays work saying that i am the beneficiary on his life insurance
    4 cards from my handicap sons (his stepson, my son from a previous marriage) saying i have my husbands name as a contact down in case of an emergency
    5 copy of school reports that said both my husband and i attedned my sons school meetings.
    6 a copy of the tax return check in both our names
    7 boarding passes from our trip to disney
    6 dozens and doezens of photos of us in Ireland, at the beach, in disney, on holidays, at the pool, at friends house, at amusement parks, etc...

well , we sent that in , and now we got a mail saying we both must report to the USCIS in philadelphia for an interview!!! I have heard they dont call interviews for this unless it is supsicous...

what more do they want from us??? what could be wrong?

please, any feedback wold be apprciated...i am really really scared ...did anyone else ever hear of this before?

we have a friend, who has a wife in Belgium and all they sent in was 1 utility bill, and one affidavit from a friend, and thiers was fine...

im so scared.
    Jyll

Hello:

I am here I understnad how you must feel. I went to India jan 2003 my husbnad is still there and I am in the USA. I have sent all those same doucments and more. My husbnad has been to two Interveiws was told everything look good. Embassy made a visit in the neighborhood and was given some wrong information and he was denied for the 3rd time. I have fired my lazy attorney and reported him to the GA Bar Association. I have made contact with my senator Saxby Chambliss his staff in Ga. is helping us. I have beed told they are hatfeful at those interveiws. My husband told me they laugh at him the first time. They really try to make life hard for people who wnat to live together. we now have Homeland Security working on our case.

Hi Marian,
    How come he is in India? They did not deport him did they? why would they do that?
    I am really scared...

Some get called, some do not, a lottery.

You did.

really? because of all the people i have ever spoken to they say that no one gets called unless there is a problem, and for the life of me i cannot imagne what they need from us.

Theone is correct; some I-751 applicants are randomly selected for the interviews. Don't worry.

If it was me, I'd show up at the interview with a positive attitude and more supporting evidence. Don't go there angry and contentious.

btw, are you a US Citizen?

yes, Im a citizen...i wont go there angry or nasty but i probably will be terrified i cant help it..i just cant understand why they would want to do this to us.....we sent them almost all the evidence we have..what we showed them , it woudl be allmost impossible NOT to think our marriage is legit.

Something must have redflagged you. Got a laptop? got a wedding video? Bring it to you interview. Bury them in evidence.