publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Now she wants to be a citizen ...

It never freakin' ends, the paperwork, that is. Wife got her green card and now wants to be a citizen. And since nothing gets done around here unless I do it ...

She's been a permanent resident for the required 3 years, but in reviewing the naturalization info, I see a physical presence requirment of 18 months. Hmmm, that means if we took a trip to Canada, the clock resets on the "physical presence"?

If the answer is 'yes', well, I'll be dipped in ****. I guess I made a mistake to not know the naturalization requirements from the very beginning.

Let's assume that I can't remember the actual date of the trip to Canada. But I do remember that the trip was by car. On the way to Canada, no one from US customs checked us, and I do believe that on the way back, all we did was give the green card to the customs guy, who looked at it and handed it right back. So, I'm sure there is no record of the trip in any gov't database.

How stupid would it be for her to file now and say that she has been physically present for the past 18 months, when in fact, we are not exactly sure of that?

It never freakin' ends, the paperwork, that is. Wife got her green card and now wants to be a citizen. And since nothing gets done around here unless I do it ...

She's been a permanent resident for the required 3 years, but in reviewing the naturalization info, I see a physical presence requirment of 18 months. Hmmm, that means if we took a trip to Canada, the clock resets on the "physical presence"?

If the answer is 'yes', well, I'll be dipped in ****. I guess I made a mistake to not know the naturalization requirements from the very beginning.

Let's assume that I can't remember the actual date of the trip to Canada. But I do remember that the trip was by car. On the way to Canada, no one from US customs checked us, and I do believe that on the way back, all we did was give the green card to the customs guy, who looked at it and handed it right back. So, I'm sure there is no record of the trip in any gov't database.

How stupid would it be for her to file now and say that she has been physically present for the past 18 months, when in fact, we are not exactly sure of that?

Yeah David, If your post about Canadians is referring to my situation, you've got your facts wrong. My mother is American born in South Dakota. That little age requirement is a mere technicality. She will always be American. She was in 1957 and she still is in 2009. By the way, I do believe that citizenship eligibility based on parental age requirement has changed now, more than likely to deal with situations like this and save some poor soul having to do a mound of paperwork. So to you, if you have to process my paperwork, I do apologize in advance it truly is needless given my circumstance.

Hi David,

Here is the residency requirement for an LPR spouse of a USC for naturalization:

3 years as a Permanent Resident without leaving the United States for trips of 6 months or longer.

As long as there were no trips that exceeded 6 months in length, she should be okay. Good luck.

Something like this, Davdah?

Oh, I didn't know the rules - lol!!!

I think I'm in love with the Bentley. Looking at it made my knees go weak - lmao!!!!

You can obtain your border crossing records from Customs and Border Protection via a Freedom of Information Act Request.

CBP FOIA Assistance

You should be careful, you don't want to be p.ussy wipped like John Gosselin. Stand up and let her do the work. Unless she is really, really hot.

Wow, great pictures of mega hot surgically altered babe and very expensive cars. Now I need a cold shower. You guys rock!