free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LIFE LEGALIZATION

Can someone please help with the Life Legalization released June 4, 2002?

During the Amnesty law passed in 1996, I went to the INS with completed application and fees. When I tried to file these forms with the INS officer, I was told that I did not qualify because I was already in deportation proceedings. My lawyer filed an appeal with the court to allow me to take advantage of the Amnesty because I met all the criteria that time and to allow me a stay from deportation. The appeal lingered for years as usual.

In 1992, I attempted to include my name in the CSS/Lulac law suit through a catholic charity organization in my area. At that time, I was able to proof that I had also traveled breifly outside of the country. The person that helped me at Catholic Charity agency adviced me against joining the law suit because I will be removed immediately if the INS knew about my travel abroad. I have a receipt from the Catholis Charity Agency that I visited in 1992 showing that I visited them attempting to join the law suit.

In 2001, I also filed the fron-desking form with the INS. The form was denied based on non-sufficient information provided.

My questions are :

1. Are my qualify to file the LIFE Legalization at all?

2. If I do, under what category should I file (What Group do I belong to)?

3. What forms do I need to file if I do qulaify?

I have all my old documents with dates to proof that I made an attempy to file for amnesty during 1987-1988 period.

Please help in interpreting this law and what step I should take. I do not want to miss this chance again, I have been here since 1981.

Thanks

KIMI

Can someone please help with the Life Legalization released June 4, 2002?

During the Amnesty law passed in 1996, I went to the INS with completed application and fees. When I tried to file these forms with the INS officer, I was told that I did not qualify because I was already in deportation proceedings. My lawyer filed an appeal with the court to allow me to take advantage of the Amnesty because I met all the criteria that time and to allow me a stay from deportation. The appeal lingered for years as usual.

In 1992, I attempted to include my name in the CSS/Lulac law suit through a catholic charity organization in my area. At that time, I was able to proof that I had also traveled breifly outside of the country. The person that helped me at Catholic Charity agency adviced me against joining the law suit because I will be removed immediately if the INS knew about my travel abroad. I have a receipt from the Catholis Charity Agency that I visited in 1992 showing that I visited them attempting to join the law suit.

In 2001, I also filed the fron-desking form with the INS. The form was denied based on non-sufficient information provided.

My questions are :

1. Are my qualify to file the LIFE Legalization at all?

2. If I do, under what category should I file (What Group do I belong to)?

3. What forms do I need to file if I do qulaify?

I have all my old documents with dates to proof that I made an attempy to file for amnesty during 1987-1988 period.

Please help in interpreting this law and what step I should take. I do not want to miss this chance again, I have been here since 1981.

Thanks

KIMI

Go to the website for the center for human rights www.centerforhumanrights.org for extensive information regarding the LULAC/CSS cases, There are 2 ways that you probably could apply, either trough the LIFEACT or the legal remedy whereby classmembers like you have another year to apply for legalization. Check it out! And good luck. I am a classmember since 1990 and filed through the LIFEACT (Nov 2001). Only waiting for interview. Hopefully you can prove all the conditions from 1982----1986.

Unfortunately, the deadline for filing under the LIFE Legalization Program has past. You cannot file for this program. However, the Center mentioned in the previous post is still involved in the original class actions. It may be that a court decision will help you.

The deadline has been extended for another year. I had my interview in march of 2002 in the chicago office and I'm waiting for the final decision of my case. Has any one got a approval of their case?

not to dampen your spirit but i had a buddy of mine deported even after filing the life act thing through his sister..the only good thing is that they say the case will be looked at, but he had to be sent home.....

AZ - What did they ask you in your interview. Can you please provide some details. I applied in October of 2001 and I am still waiting for some response. I did my fingerprints in November of 2001. When did u do your fingerprints and how long did it take to get your interview after the fingerprints. Were u LULAC or CSS member?

Guest...To answer your question, I applied in october of 2001 under LULAC. I received a notice within 3 weeks that I need to have pictures and finger print done. I did that on November 17th and received a notice in february of 2002 for interview on march 18. Interview was in chicago office, it was a waste of time. she didn't ask me much except when and how I entered the country. She looked at my file and within few minutes said that everything is fine and as soon as there is a final ruling in the case (LIFE Legalization) we will contact you. Final ruling came on June 4th and I haven't heard from them yet. Some of my other friends had interview and they were asked some citizenship questions and one was asked to read few lines or write few lines in english. I have Master's degree from a major university here and she looked at my degree and I guess didn't feel like asking any more questioins.

I also applied under LULAC in May 2002. My case is classified under LULAC (1986 Amnesty) using the old I-687 form as I had never applied for a work permit, as such did not have the written proof of class membership as required by the LIFE ACT. I qualified through the Legalization Questionaire which was approved by the INS office in Vermont.

Two/three weeks after application, I also had my finger printing done (June 25, 2002). After that, I did not hear back from the INS office in TSC. Its been 90 days and still no EAD.

Let me know if anyone else has different or similar progress. Thanks.

If a person in Life legalization have a high school or higher education the INS officer will not ask the person for english test or to wirte a sentence in english.