Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-864 EZ for non-immigrant

Hello Sir,
    My name is Casimir and I am from Cameroon.
    I need to have some advice from you.
    I'm past the U.S. embassy 8 time to obtain a visitor visa, but without result.
    But now my brother-in-law who is an American citizen has sent to me an Affidavit of support I-864 EZ and I go to the embassy in a few days.
    I am married, have two children and I have a stable job.
    Could you give me the steps to follow please?

Thank you
    KSO FROM CAMEROON

Hello Sir,
    My name is Casimir and I am from Cameroon.
    I need to have some advice from you.
    I'm past the U.S. embassy 8 time to obtain a visitor visa, but without result.
    But now my brother-in-law who is an American citizen has sent to me an Affidavit of support I-864 EZ and I go to the embassy in a few days.
    I am married, have two children and I have a stable job.
    Could you give me the steps to follow please?

Thank you
    KSO FROM CAMEROON

One of the many misconceptions of aliens is that an Affidavit of Support is a free ride to a visa. Concurent with this misconception is that income is what is stopping them from getting a visa. However, that is not the most important issue for the Department of State consular officers. What is the most important issue is if you will return from your visit to your home country. The reason you were denied, was not the issue of your support in the U.S. but the belief that you will not return to your country. Since you have 8 denials, I do not believe that you will be issued a visa inspite of the affidavit of support. It would appear to the consular officer that you are insistant on coming to the U.S. Eight denials might even be a record.

Each time you were denied they have to tell you why and noted in your passport.

Did they note (212)(7)(I)(i)? That is the notation that they believed that you were intending to stay in the U.S.

Also, has your brother applied for an immigrant visa on your behalf?

Hi Federale88,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I didn't have any (212)(7)(I)(i) in my passport.
    I think that my brother applied for an immigrant visa on your behalf. But in the DS 156 I saying no because I didn't know that I-864 EZ is applying for immigrant.

What can I do now?

Do you think that denial is permanent.
    I think that my big problem its that when I am in front of the consul my finger shiver.But its my nature and not for the reason that I am not clean with my application.

What can I do now. The aim for me its that my visit in USA can open me more door and opportunities when I return to Cameroon.

Thank you
    KSO FROM CAMEROON

Hello Kso

When did your brother file a I-130 petition for relative for you?

Hello 4now,
    No my brother didn't file I-130 for relative for me.
    He just send to me an affidavit of support I-864 EZ.
    I have very good situation here in Cameroon and also have a small enterprise. The only reason for me to visit the USA, except pleasure purpose, its to boost my curriculum and that may open to me more doors here in Cameroon.

Can you advise to me for procedure?

What if officer counsular as to me:

What has changed since your last request?

I have all proof of evidence but they never ask me them.
    What to do?

Thank you!
    KSO FROM CAMEROON

Your brother in law can NOT petition for you anyway. Your sister may if she is a US citizen.

Anyway, for what you want to do - visit USA - I-864 EZ is a WRONG form. Affidavit of support for non-immigrant visa is form I-134.

How will a visit to USA "boost your curriculum"?!

When was the last time you applied for a visitor visa?

"What has changed since your last request?" is a great question to think about.

Hello Mr Aneri,
    Thank you for your reply and for all informations provided.

you know people are still very complex here and go to a country like the USA can help me win contracts from large advertising structures.In same time I am employed, I have my own production label and my travel in the U.S. will also allow me to buy additional recording hardware. I will take to make a tour of some recording studio to see how work is done there and try to apply this in my country.

The last time I was applied for visitor visa is April 21 2009.

In fact, the Counsular Officer does not really to my situation. I raised two or three questions and then told me that my application is refused. I assure you that I have a very good status in my country and I have no intention to immigrate to USA. However, consular officers do not believe me. I end up thinking that because I am small body and he would have liked me to be more corpulent and more imposing. But despite all this, I earn well my life and I am head of entreperise. it's very strange all that!

Thank you to advise me.
    KSO FROM CAMEROON

Hello Mr Aneri,
    Thank you for your reply and for all informations provided.

you know people are still very complex here and go to a country like the USA can help me win contracts from large advertising structures.In same time I am employed, I have my own production label and my travel in the U.S. will also allow me to buy additional recording hardware. I will take to make a tour of some recording studio to see how work is done there and try to apply this in my country.

The last time I was applied for visitor visa is April 21 2009.

In fact, the Counsular Officer does not really to my situation. I raised two or three questions and then told me that my application is refused. I assure you that I have a very good status in my country and I have no intention to immigrate to USA. However, consular officers do not believe me. I end up thinking that because I am small body and he would have liked me to be more corpulent and more imposing. But despite all this, I earn well my life and I am head of entreperise. it's very strange all that!

Thank you to advise me.
    KSO FROM CAMEROON

Hello Kso

If you have a sister/blood relative in the usa, It will be difficult to get an approval because there is an assumption of "immigrant intent"

If you have a recording studio, try to look into , or have your brother in law look into getting a studio to here to sponser you into coming for a cultural exchange.
    This is probably your best option to get here.

There are visas available for this if you can qualify.