publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need Help...K1 Petition Being Sent Back to the US!

I am new to this forum, I good friend directed me here in hopes I will find the right help I am in desparate need of. My K1 Fiance petition is being returned to the United States via 221g statement.

A little background on the interview and events which happened after:

My fiance had his interview on January 19th. He was asked a ton of questions which he answered appropriately. He was asked if he had photos of us together and he provided 25 photos of us and his family. The consular officer then asked if he had photos on an engagement ceremony...he said yes, but they are at the house. The consular officer asked why he did not bring them and he said he thought he brought enough photos and other proof of our relationship. The CO asked him to come back the following Monday with the engagement photos. He asked her if she wanted our other proof...letters, emails, chat logs and monthly phone bills...she said no, bring everything back with you.

When he returned to the consulate that next Monday (Jan 23rd), the security officer at the door told him that his interview was finished and he must leave the photos with him, to leave and they would call him anytime. My fiance said...no, I know my interview is not finished, the CO said to bring these photos directly to her. The security officer said again...no, your interview is finished...you must leave, we will call you anytime.

On the train ride back to his home town, he got a phone call from the consulate asking why he did not show up to finish his interview...he told the woman on the phone what happened and they told him to come back the next day to finish his interview.

He went to the consulate again (Jan 24th) and met with the CO...the CO looked at our engagement photos asking him who was this, and this...he answered appropriately. He was immediately handed the 221g with a statement of our file being sent back to the US. He asked the CO...what is wrong, our documents are not good? She said...not documents, just your file will be returned to the United States.

My fiance was so confused...when he called me to tell me, he said when they return our file to the US, I think they only want to study it. I told him of the procedures and guidelines I was aware of mentioning...recommendation for revocation. They only send back files when they are recommending the petition to be revoked.

The time was too late for me to call the consulate directly, so I immediately contacted the State Department and asked them what was going on...they said they saw in the computer that he received the 221g with the statement of our file being returned to the US and they suggested I call the consulate directly. I also contacted my Senator who sent a congressional inquiry.

The next morning, I got up at 3:00am and called the consulate...I had the name of the section chief consular and asked to speak directly with him, that the state department requested I call. I finally got to this man's desk and explained what happened in our case and he said that it sounds like the CO was not satisfied with the validity of our relationship. He said the consulate has done everything they can on our end to ajudicate our petition and the file had already been returned to the United States. He said this 221g stating it was being sent back was not a denial...the case would be reviewed by the originial center who processed and approved it, that I would hear from them in some time of a final decision. He said...I will be honest with you, many of these cases which are sent back do not come back to the consulate, but some do.

That night I prepared a letter to fax to the chief section consular...I emailed it and faxed it the next morning. In this letter, I re-iterated that our relationship is very strong...and that ALL of our proof of relationship was refused by the consular officer...my phone bills alone amount to 250.00-300.00 a month communicating with my fiance, that this was a gross injustice on the COs part not to take all of our proof into account to make a fair assessment of our relationship. I also sent copies of this letter to my Senator. My Senator sent an additional congressional inquiry regarding our case. That was on January 27th.

The consulate did not respond to my senator until February 8th. The letter they sent to my senator says exactly this:

Dear Senator ***XX,

Thank you for you email concerning an inquiry by your constituent, <my name> regarding the status of the nonimmigrant K1 visa petition she filed on behalf of her fiance, Mr. <his name>.

Mr. <his name> had his initial interview on Jauary 24, 2006. Based on the interview the consular officer determined that this file should be returned to the originating office of the Department of Homeland Security's Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) for further review of the validity of the relationship, which must be established during the interview to the satisfaction of the consular offier.

Mr <his name> was advised of this decision at the time of his interview. The file was sent to the National Visa Center via diplomatic pouch in order to protect the sensitive personal information that it contains. The pouch registration number is ******X. Any further questions concerning this case should be directed to the CIS office where the petition was filed. I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
    Consular Section Chief
    Casablanca, Morocco
    cct

My senator's office told me that it will be about 6 months before I hear anything from the USCIS regarding our case. Just Friday (Feb 17th) I received a response from the consulate which was worded exactly the same as the response to my senator...it took them 22 days to respond to me.

I contacted the USCIS on February 11th and they gave me a fax number to use for the California Service Center. I sent them a fax with a copy of NOA1, NOA2, and the 221g received with a letter explaining everything that happened and I want the opportunity to provide all of our relationship from the time I filed the petition up to the time of the interview. I also asked them exactly what this means for my case, do I need to file again, etc. I have not heard from them yet.

I am hitting road block after road block here and in dire need of very strong advice. Has anyone here faced this issue? If so, what did you do? How were you able to get the USCIS to review ALL of your evidence of relationship? What are the statistics in this issue in regards to actual revocation, re-opening, etc.?

I apologize for such a long post.

Sincerely,
    Kiyah

I am new to this forum, I good friend directed me here in hopes I will find the right help I am in desparate need of. My K1 Fiance petition is being returned to the United States via 221g statement.

A little background on the interview and events which happened after:

My fiance had his interview on January 19th. He was asked a ton of questions which he answered appropriately. He was asked if he had photos of us together and he provided 25 photos of us and his family. The consular officer then asked if he had photos on an engagement ceremony...he said yes, but they are at the house. The consular officer asked why he did not bring them and he said he thought he brought enough photos and other proof of our relationship. The CO asked him to come back the following Monday with the engagement photos. He asked her if she wanted our other proof...letters, emails, chat logs and monthly phone bills...she said no, bring everything back with you.

When he returned to the consulate that next Monday (Jan 23rd), the security officer at the door told him that his interview was finished and he must leave the photos with him, to leave and they would call him anytime. My fiance said...no, I know my interview is not finished, the CO said to bring these photos directly to her. The security officer said again...no, your interview is finished...you must leave, we will call you anytime.

On the train ride back to his home town, he got a phone call from the consulate asking why he did not show up to finish his interview...he told the woman on the phone what happened and they told him to come back the next day to finish his interview.

He went to the consulate again (Jan 24th) and met with the CO...the CO looked at our engagement photos asking him who was this, and this...he answered appropriately. He was immediately handed the 221g with a statement of our file being sent back to the US. He asked the CO...what is wrong, our documents are not good? She said...not documents, just your file will be returned to the United States.

My fiance was so confused...when he called me to tell me, he said when they return our file to the US, I think they only want to study it. I told him of the procedures and guidelines I was aware of mentioning...recommendation for revocation. They only send back files when they are recommending the petition to be revoked.

The time was too late for me to call the consulate directly, so I immediately contacted the State Department and asked them what was going on...they said they saw in the computer that he received the 221g with the statement of our file being returned to the US and they suggested I call the consulate directly. I also contacted my Senator who sent a congressional inquiry.

The next morning, I got up at 3:00am and called the consulate...I had the name of the section chief consular and asked to speak directly with him, that the state department requested I call. I finally got to this man's desk and explained what happened in our case and he said that it sounds like the CO was not satisfied with the validity of our relationship. He said the consulate has done everything they can on our end to ajudicate our petition and the file had already been returned to the United States. He said this 221g stating it was being sent back was not a denial...the case would be reviewed by the originial center who processed and approved it, that I would hear from them in some time of a final decision. He said...I will be honest with you, many of these cases which are sent back do not come back to the consulate, but some do.

That night I prepared a letter to fax to the chief section consular...I emailed it and faxed it the next morning. In this letter, I re-iterated that our relationship is very strong...and that ALL of our proof of relationship was refused by the consular officer...my phone bills alone amount to 250.00-300.00 a month communicating with my fiance, that this was a gross injustice on the COs part not to take all of our proof into account to make a fair assessment of our relationship. I also sent copies of this letter to my Senator. My Senator sent an additional congressional inquiry regarding our case. That was on January 27th.

The consulate did not respond to my senator until February 8th. The letter they sent to my senator says exactly this:

Dear Senator ***XX,

Thank you for you email concerning an inquiry by your constituent, &lt;my name&gt; regarding the status of the nonimmigrant K1 visa petition she filed on behalf of her fiance, Mr. &lt;his name&gt;.

Mr. &lt;his name&gt; had his initial interview on Jauary 24, 2006. Based on the interview the consular officer determined that this file should be returned to the originating office of the Department of Homeland Security's Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) for further review of the validity of the relationship, which must be established during the interview to the satisfaction of the consular offier.

Mr &lt;his name&gt; was advised of this decision at the time of his interview. The file was sent to the National Visa Center via diplomatic pouch in order to protect the sensitive personal information that it contains. The pouch registration number is ******X. Any further questions concerning this case should be directed to the CIS office where the petition was filed. I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
    Consular Section Chief
    Casablanca, Morocco
    cct

My senator's office told me that it will be about 6 months before I hear anything from the USCIS regarding our case. Just Friday (Feb 17th) I received a response from the consulate which was worded exactly the same as the response to my senator...it took them 22 days to respond to me.

I contacted the USCIS on February 11th and they gave me a fax number to use for the California Service Center. I sent them a fax with a copy of NOA1, NOA2, and the 221g received with a letter explaining everything that happened and I want the opportunity to provide all of our relationship from the time I filed the petition up to the time of the interview. I also asked them exactly what this means for my case, do I need to file again, etc. I have not heard from them yet.

I am hitting road block after road block here and in dire need of very strong advice. Has anyone here faced this issue? If so, what did you do? How were you able to get the USCIS to review ALL of your evidence of relationship? What are the statistics in this issue in regards to actual revocation, re-opening, etc.?

I apologize for such a long post.

Sincerely,
    Kiyah

Is your fiancé from one of the high fraud countries?

The 221g may not have been issued due to a lack of evidence, and overcoming this decision may not just involve getting the ConOff or now the USCIS to review more data and evidence.

The consular officer interviews the beneficiary and it could be demeanor or something that was said that caused the CO to close the file.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.