free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I129F Snafu Forever?

I filed a petition for my Thai fiance which was confirmed recieved by the Vermont Service Center on December 20, 2005. Then on January 13, they requested more information that proves we actually met, AFTER they had a stack of photos of us together. So I mailed out more photos with sworn avidavits, copies of the passport with stamps, e-mail correspondence, etc.,. They responded recieved on January 27. It is now April 11 and NOTHING from USCIS except that "it is being actively processed".

Does this timeframe sound right? I call every 30 days and get the same answer. Two other points - I am a Federal government employee and she is a Registered Nurse, so I thought we would not be hassled. The other point is that my first wife was Thai, but we were married for about 5 years before we figured out kids were not for her. So am I being selectively singled out now? All this B.S. about illegals coming in, and I feel like I am being punished for doing everything the proper legal way! All I want is a second chance at marriage with someone I love! How long can they force us to wait for a decision? I think we should have gotten her a work visa as a nurse instead, which is Plan B. Thanks much,

Java

I filed a petition for my Thai fiance which was confirmed recieved by the Vermont Service Center on December 20, 2005. Then on January 13, they requested more information that proves we actually met, AFTER they had a stack of photos of us together. So I mailed out more photos with sworn avidavits, copies of the passport with stamps, e-mail correspondence, etc.,. They responded recieved on January 27. It is now April 11 and NOTHING from USCIS except that "it is being actively processed".

Does this timeframe sound right? I call every 30 days and get the same answer. Two other points - I am a Federal government employee and she is a Registered Nurse, so I thought we would not be hassled. The other point is that my first wife was Thai, but we were married for about 5 years before we figured out kids were not for her. So am I being selectively singled out now? All this B.S. about illegals coming in, and I feel like I am being punished for doing everything the proper legal way! All I want is a second chance at marriage with someone I love! How long can they force us to wait for a decision? I think we should have gotten her a work visa as a nurse instead, which is Plan B. Thanks much,

Java

Dont make illegals responsible for the slow immigration process. You were probably flagged because you sponsered a woman before.P{atience

Ok, that is a fair statement, but WHAT are they looking for, and how?? I am happy to provide them WHATEVER they need, or come in for an interview, but they provide no guidance...

I think they want you to move to Phillipines/Thailand which has a high incidence of mail order brides, since this is your second time to import a woman.

Did your first wife return to Thailand?

December 2005 sounds not too long ago for a high incident rate of fraud country like where you mention, aside from the fact that this is not your first time to get a mail order bride!

See the processing times online and you will notice that you are not too late, could be worse.

Federal government employee? Did you have to go through any kind of security clearance to do the work you do?

Yes, I have a security clearance, and am a GS-15-6 with much responsibility, and have included my work information in mailings and telephone calls to USCIS to assist them in their background investigtion, but am still waiting. I did a search, and I think they just hire contractors to run trap lines, however I wish they would simply tell me what else they need so I can provide it. The process is not transparent and seems arbitrary.

If for whatever reason USCIS denies the Fiance visa, we are thinking about getting married in Thailand and then processing a visa for a family member/spouse. Any thoughts on this course of action? This forum is good therapy for the long waiting game and appreciate the feedback!

Nothing will prevent you from doing it, but once ones is rejected a visa, its like a black mark in their record. The embassy/consular office will scrutinized the application even more.
    At the very least being married will provides an additional evidence for you, but before doing that, I'll suggest a congressional inquiry from your congressman/senator. Most of them have dedicated personel to handle immigration matters.

Your petition is going through extra scrutiny. It is DHS's job to protect the US, and one way of doing that is investigating seperately (besides normal FBI check) people who may come in contact with some possible sensitive information - your future wife through you and your job in this case. And that takes time...
    The above is my conclusion based on similar stories I've read. If that's what holds your petition, spousal visa may not be any faster.
    The fact that you had been married to Thai woman before does not help either.

Are you signed up for e-mail updates? That way you can learn if your petition is being looked at or is just sitting on someone's desk.

This process requires patience. Good luck.