50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Residency advice, PLEASE!!

Hi. My husband and I are Canadian citizens and we really want to move to the US. We know there are tons of construction jobs down there, in which he is qualified for, but we don't know how to actually get there LEGALLY. We saw something about a Legal Permanent Resident. Does anyone know if we can work while we are there if we apply for this?

A bit of background, also I own an online bridal store and run a day home. I know that the place in which we want to go has need but also you do not have to be licensed to do the day home. Is there a way I could apply with my business??

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi. My husband and I are Canadian citizens and we really want to move to the US. We know there are tons of construction jobs down there, in which he is qualified for, but we don't know how to actually get there LEGALLY. We saw something about a Legal Permanent Resident. Does anyone know if we can work while we are there if we apply for this?

A bit of background, also I own an online bridal store and run a day home. I know that the place in which we want to go has need but also you do not have to be licensed to do the day home. Is there a way I could apply with my business??

PLEASE HELP!!

Look into US Embassy's Canada website.

I suggest that you visit the State in which you are interested in living FIRST. You can come here for 6 months and look around. Coming to the States may not be what you think it is - things are not eaasy here...Then your husband can apply for jobs - and maybe he will get lucky. Maybe he can find an employer to sponsor him. Does he have any tickets ie electrical, welding etc? Do you have any University degrees or education? You can check NAFTA.

Go to USCIS website and you may find a way to come as an entrepreneur.

You amy want to just do the snow bunny thing - ifyou can afford it.

Thanks Dragonlady. He is a carpenter and builds houses. He is taking his exams to become ticketed. Although from what we found out last night on some site was that if you have 2 years experience you can have an employer apply for you to become a permanent resident. I wonder if that would be a way to go. We want to go to Vegas, actually. There just seems to be a lot of building going on there.