Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will a divorce cancel the sponsorship

Dear friends,
    I have a question for my friend. After a divorce, will the sponsorship be terminated? How can a sponsorship actually terminate?

Thanks!

Dear friends,
    I have a question for my friend. After a divorce, will the sponsorship be terminated? How can a sponsorship actually terminate?

Thanks!

Hello SO So

Welcome to the board

No a divorce will not terminate the Affadavit of support. Divorce is a civil matter and not an immigration matter.

If you need advice about cancelling sponsership, then you will have to provide timelines, and details about the petition in order for us to advise you.

No he will be responsible for 10 years. There is no way to terminate it. You are stuck.
    I am not a lawyer! I don't give legal advice! I just state my opinion!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by so&so:
    Dear friends,

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you asking the question for a USC Spouse or Alien Spouse?
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Read the question. Sponsorship, not support.
    It can be terminated depending on what stage the applicant is in. If no GC receieved or the conditional only received then it can be terminated. The immigrant may still be able to self petition once the divorce is final though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Davdah.

I did read the question.. However I was being clever in ansereing the question the way I did. .. As you see by my 2nd response . Just In case they were confusing the two topics. With no information.. it is all speculation until the poster clarifies.

Dear Friends,
    Thank you so much for your response. Sorry for the confusion! The situation is my friend have not received GC and condition, but waiting for that, can the finalization of the divorce terminate the Affadavit of support of the spouse and joint sponsor? That is to say, are they no more responsible to my friend's different needs if there is no spouse support received from the divorce?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by so&so:
    Dear Friends,
    Thank you so much for your response. Sorry for the confusion! The situation is my friend have not received GC and condition, but waiting for that, can the finalization of the divorce terminate the Affadavit of support of the spouse and joint sponsor? That is to say, are they no more responsible to my friend's different needs if there is no spouse support received from the divorce? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huuhhh...hmmm Now The Cat Is Out Of The Bag. He Wants To Know How To Defraud USC. Hey If Marriage Was For Love and There Is No More Love, Why Can't The Alien Go Back To The Home Country? Why Expect Free Money....
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Dear Friends,
    Thank you so much for your response. Sorry for the confusion! The situation is my friend have not received GC and condition, but waiting for that, can the finalization of the divorce terminate the Affadavit of support of the spouse and joint sponsor? That is to say, are they no more responsible to my friend's different needs if there is no spouse support received from the divorce? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again.. You have not provided enough information.

Were the petitons approved by uscis yet? Have your freind come here and write the facts. Only then can accurate information be given you.

Hello, Thank you for your response again! My friend is in an real abuse case and waiting for the decision for her petition! And her ex-husband try to ask her to sign and Affadavit an addition document or statement in order to give back her stuffs like marriage jewellery and support! Why they do that? Is that as 4now said, "a divorce will not terminate their responsibility for Affadavit of support", that's why they want to do something to cancel their responsibility or sponsorship? My friend is not that kind of person who just want "free money" as whiteUSCNeedsHelp said!

Thanks!