free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: REGISTRATION IN "NSEERS"

To whom it my concern,

I am married to a citizen wife for ten years. My Permanent Residence or Adjust Status is still pending due to criminal records ( first it was denied in 2001 because when I filed my application on November 19, 1997, I indicated that I had not been arrested, ... etc. I renewed my application and after an interview on Thursday, August 11, 2005, the INS agent told me he can not put a visa on my passport becauce they lost my fingerprint and he also told me to send him the fingerprint, two color passport style photographs, and a certified copy of arrest reports, and everything will be fine. I did all that and I still haven't heared anything from that agent).
    I recently applied for Employment Authorization Document and I received a letter from the INS saying that I have to first register or submit evidence that shows I have registered in National Security Entry-Exit Registration System(NSEERS) ( I entered the contry with a tourist visa in August, 1989; since than I went back to my Contry once in 1998 with an Advance parole,travel document). When I went to the local INS office in my state, one of the agent told me that I do not need to register after he checks my passport.
    Some people say that I should not respond to the letter from USCIS about registering because INS could still deport me once they review my criminal records. Is that true?, or I do not need to register as the agent said and go back to ask him for a written explanation that I am not subject to NSEERS, or should I just go ahead and register despite my criminal records? And what should be the best way to deal with this type of situation?
    I hope to hear some good news from you. Thank you for taking the time to review my question.

Sincerely yours,

MOSTY

Note:
    - I was wrogly acused of a Felony in NY in 1993 and it was dropped, I had a PTI done for a felony in NJ in 1999 and a dismissal was granted, and I have a Misdemeanor case in Florida in 1994 that was also dismissed.
    - I am in the process of Expunging all my criminal records.

To whom it my concern,

I am married to a citizen wife for ten years. My Permanent Residence or Adjust Status is still pending due to criminal records ( first it was denied in 2001 because when I filed my application on November 19, 1997, I indicated that I had not been arrested, ... etc. I renewed my application and after an interview on Thursday, August 11, 2005, the INS agent told me he can not put a visa on my passport becauce they lost my fingerprint and he also told me to send him the fingerprint, two color passport style photographs, and a certified copy of arrest reports, and everything will be fine. I did all that and I still haven't heared anything from that agent).
    I recently applied for Employment Authorization Document and I received a letter from the INS saying that I have to first register or submit evidence that shows I have registered in National Security Entry-Exit Registration System(NSEERS) ( I entered the contry with a tourist visa in August, 1989; since than I went back to my Contry once in 1998 with an Advance parole,travel document). When I went to the local INS office in my state, one of the agent told me that I do not need to register after he checks my passport.
    Some people say that I should not respond to the letter from USCIS about registering because INS could still deport me once they review my criminal records. Is that true?, or I do not need to register as the agent said and go back to ask him for a written explanation that I am not subject to NSEERS, or should I just go ahead and register despite my criminal records? And what should be the best way to deal with this type of situation?
    I hope to hear some good news from you. Thank you for taking the time to review my question.

Sincerely yours,

MOSTY

Note:
    - I was wrogly acused of a Felony in NY in 1993 and it was dropped, I had a PTI done for a felony in NJ in 1999 and a dismissal was granted, and I have a Misdemeanor case in Florida in 1994 that was also dismissed.
    - I am in the process of Expunging all my criminal records.

You need a professional help with your case.

What cought my eye is:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mosty:
    - I am in the process of Expunging all my criminal records. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Many people think expunging records will help. As a matter of fact, it makes things just more complicated. USCIS will ask you for the records over and over and over again wheather they are expunged or not. Only you will have a problem getting them.