free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is anyone responsible???

I have a question, this just came to mind. Let's say the visa overstayers don't go back to their countries after their visa expires, isn't the person who submitted and affidavit of support on behalf of this person responsible for them here? Shouldn't they be the ones to get in trouble if their relative/friend/whatever doesn't go back to thier country? Shouldn't they be fined for that? And what if this person is caught and gets deported, shouldn't the person that invited them here pay for all the expenses to ship them back, etc.?

I have a question, this just came to mind. Let's say the visa overstayers don't go back to their countries after their visa expires, isn't the person who submitted and affidavit of support on behalf of this person responsible for them here? Shouldn't they be the ones to get in trouble if their relative/friend/whatever doesn't go back to thier country? Shouldn't they be fined for that? And what if this person is caught and gets deported, shouldn't the person that invited them here pay for all the expenses to ship them back, etc.?

How about the pilot on the airplane that flew them here? This blameless victim stuff is getting a little ridiculous if you ask me.

The person who signed the affadavit of support should be and is responsible for the persons support during the specified period of time that the individual was SUPPOSED to stay here or the period of time listed on the affadavit of support. This person is sponsoring the alien, they do not "own" the alien.

The alien is an adult, who makes and is accountable for their own decisions. They are not french poodles.

WHen and if an adult alien makes the decision to break the law and remain in the U.S. past the date they agreed to when entering, they should be (and are) responsible for the financial and legal consequences of their action.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sugarpuff:
    How about the pilot on the airplane that flew them here? This blameless victim stuff is getting a little ridiculous if you ask me.

The person who signed the affadavit of support should be and is responsible for the persons support during the specified period of time that the individual was SUPPOSED to stay here or the period of time listed on the affadavit of support. This person is sponsoring the alien, they do not "own" the alien.

The alien is an adult, who makes and is accountable for their own decisions. They are not french poodles.

WHen and if an adult alien makes the decision to break the law and remain in the U.S. past the date they agreed to when entering, they should be (and are) responsible for the financial and legal consequences of their action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just curious how all this works. I haven't been previously too interested in these types of topics but since it started effecting me personally, I was doing some research and this is how I found this board. Yes, there is no doubt in my mind that the person breaking the law is the one that should be responsible. But, just think, no one would want to sponsor.

I bet that there are indeed quite a few sponsors who fail to live up to the contract they signed. I have never heard of one being enforced. I would imagine that this would be one venue ICE could use to help allieviate some of its operating costs, much like the DEA uses funds from drug dealers to offset its operating costs.

A bigot is calling someone else a bigot, now that's bigotry....

Someone12
    the OP makes a good point...but, when all the krap is scraped away, the only person left who really is responsible is the dirtbag illegal alien visa cheat...
    That is why invitation letters and I 134s are as worthless as mammary glands on a bull when it comes to determining the qualifications of a visa applicant. So those who you who know someone was denied a visa should just live with it....it ain't your decision and you cannot guarantee diddly-$hit about what the visa holder does while in the US nor can you "guarantee" they will leave the US when they are supposed to...why? because you have NO legal authority over them....
    visa cheats should be barred forever if they violate the terms of the PRIVILEGE they were granted at one time....this privilege should be taken away forever....who would miss 'em? Only the braindead village idiots that support their irresponsibility.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    Ha ha, user99 sponsored an illegal alien of now.
    LMAO!! Ha ha!

Talking about bigotry... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really need to take English classes iperson. If you weren't selfish with your posts, and read what others have to say, you would have known that it's effected me personally because my kid's school is overcrowded with illegals who do not speak English and my other kid's college payments are thru the roof while the *****y illegals get a break. S*hut up and change your jammies.

Ouch.....
    Got to wonder if she'll ever learn.

I would be more than happy to pay the airfare if they would deport my ex wife !!!!