50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Found an honest Attorney...

Here is what I experienced with Attorney's...

I got couple reccomendations from aila about laywers,and found some from other sources.
    I e mail all of them the same e mail being direct and asking them about how much of their or his case involves immigration matters and if they have any experience and knowledge about my case (I 751 WAIVER) I asked them how they charge and of they offer a flat fee etc...

One Laywer wrote me an indirect e mail, saying He is an expert in all immigration matters and went over the consultation fee ($150) and after that $250 hourly charges...

Another lawyer wrote me back,after sending them 3 times in 3 days the same e mail,to get an respond, they said in an indirect e mail,meaning, they did not say if they have or had any cases like mine or any experience with it...all they said was, they need to look what I have, to determine how long my case would involve....their consultation would cost $200 for 30 min. but did not say how much hourly afterwards...

3 other laywers did not respond to my e mail at all,even though i tried to get a hold of them 3 times...

Then today I got a referral of another attorney, I wrote her the same e mail with all the same questions.
    And she not only wrote me back,was very direct and friendly went into my e mail and responded this way.

She said she is 18 years in practice, durin the 18 years, 95% involved immigration matter.Today she said,all her cases are 99% immigration and the rest international business.

She went on to say she had numerous cases like the one i described (I751 waiver) and that she is currently working on 3 clients with the same matter.

She said,they have and offer flat fee, depending on the matter, but she also said,if it involves courts proceedings,they charge hourly.

She went to say that, any case requiring an I751 Waiver is not simple or easy and that waivers are discretionary and difficult to optain and legal help is definitely recommended.

So she sounds very honest and direct and I think I will consult with her.
    The only thing that made me think was, she said waivers are difficult to optain.
    But the I751 form clearly states, the only requierment u have to have and show to file for an waiver is "if you marriage was entered in good faith aka the marriage was real" Right?

What do you guys think about the last attorney and her e mail???? sounds honest and fair to you guys?

Here is what I experienced with Attorney's...

I got couple reccomendations from aila about laywers,and found some from other sources.
    I e mail all of them the same e mail being direct and asking them about how much of their or his case involves immigration matters and if they have any experience and knowledge about my case (I 751 WAIVER) I asked them how they charge and of they offer a flat fee etc...

One Laywer wrote me an indirect e mail, saying He is an expert in all immigration matters and went over the consultation fee ($150) and after that $250 hourly charges...

Another lawyer wrote me back,after sending them 3 times in 3 days the same e mail,to get an respond, they said in an indirect e mail,meaning, they did not say if they have or had any cases like mine or any experience with it...all they said was, they need to look what I have, to determine how long my case would involve....their consultation would cost $200 for 30 min. but did not say how much hourly afterwards...

3 other laywers did not respond to my e mail at all,even though i tried to get a hold of them 3 times...

Then today I got a referral of another attorney, I wrote her the same e mail with all the same questions.
    And she not only wrote me back,was very direct and friendly went into my e mail and responded this way.

She said she is 18 years in practice, durin the 18 years, 95% involved immigration matter.Today she said,all her cases are 99% immigration and the rest international business.

She went on to say she had numerous cases like the one i described (I751 waiver) and that she is currently working on 3 clients with the same matter.

She said,they have and offer flat fee, depending on the matter, but she also said,if it involves courts proceedings,they charge hourly.

She went to say that, any case requiring an I751 Waiver is not simple or easy and that waivers are discretionary and difficult to optain and legal help is definitely recommended.

So she sounds very honest and direct and I think I will consult with her.
    The only thing that made me think was, she said waivers are difficult to optain.
    But the I751 form clearly states, the only requierment u have to have and show to file for an waiver is "if you marriage was entered in good faith aka the marriage was real" Right?

What do you guys think about the last attorney and her e mail???? sounds honest and fair to you guys?

and this is her resume basically,if that helps :
    Admissions:
    - 1990: Michigan and U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
    - 1991: U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
    - 2004: U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (New York)
    - 2005: United States Supreme Court

Law School: New York University School of Law (M.A., 1986; J.D., 1989)

Member: American Bar Association
    American Immigration Lawyers Association

Someone12
    it would be difficult to describe any immigration attorney as 'honest.'
    One of the requirments to become an immigration attorney is that the indivudual must have either taken and failed an ethics course or never have taken the course at all.
    Most of their cirriculum is spent learning about billable hours.

HBKHBK,

Could you please give us the Name, Location, and phone no or email address for the last lawyer you mentioned.

Thanks

JMH,
    you're the one also looking for an attorney in detroit right?
    what was your e mail,so we can talk...
    yes she is from detroit area...do you also feel she sounds good? considering her responds and being direct and answering my questions.

and her consultation fee is $100 bucks...which is how its suppose to be,if you mention she was a referral.
    The 2nd attorney, who e mailed me had less than 1o year experince,graduated from a law school in a michigan collge..and asked for 200 bucks consultation.And when asked how much immigration involves in his cases or experience in cases like mine..that lawyer total ignored those questions...

The last lawyer i liked went to New York University law school, which i heard is a very recignized law school.

Buddy give me your e mail again and we'll talk via e mail or chat on instant messanger or something...I give you then her info

Someone 12,
    i know its not easy to determine honesty...

but considering i wrote over 8 attorneys the same direct e mail and all...she was the only one with a total neutral honest answer who actually went into my e mail to anwer it.

In one of the immigration books they say, beaware of attorney's who dress fancy,have a great designed homepage,but lack of knowledge..and to watch of those who charge a big fee up front....and it also says, watch out for those who brag and say "they know everyhting and are an expert etc"
    the book says an honest attorney would A, answer your questions honestly and even admit,he or she never had anything like your case...and most importantly,the book says clearly as well, any immigration matter,u need a lawyer for should be on a flat rate fee,from couple hundred to a thousand...and it warns you to watch for the hourly charges,if the attorney only accepts hourly charges....the book says, hourly charges are usually taken, if the immigration matter involves court and or removal and all

Therefor...the attorney i liked,represent eveything thats actually accurate and honest and resonable.

the last lawyer,did not brag or anyhting,nor did she say she is an expert and knows everyhting etc

As the Greatest Super-Genius alive on planet Earth, let me advise you of the ONLY existing in entire Universe Universal rule:
    No Universal rule exists, except the one that says it doesn't exist.

Be critical.

Good luck,

IE

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that

HBKHBK,

I have given you my email address in my previous post. I guess you missed it...
    here it is again.. jhn_rhn@yahoo.com

Thanks