free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Application for Passport

I got my 10 years GC in december 2005. when I can apply for my passport?

I got my 10 years GC in december 2005. when I can apply for my passport?

Hi Samantha and welcome to ILW

Davdah I think what she really is asking is when can she apply for Citizenship (to where she then can get her US Passport).

Samantha, I am presuming this is not through marriage base as you have waited this long.

So, you can apply for Citizenship 4yr 9 months from the date of either your conditional Green Card or your 10 yr Green card, whichever you received first. The date on your Green card is where you count from.

Just say you got a 10yr GC only, which you say you got in 2005, then you should be able to apply soon. What date did you get it? And was this your only GC you got? With that information we can help better on when you can apply exactly.

Once you have Naturalized then you take your Certificate with you and apply for a US passport.

Is this what you were asking Samantha?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Samamtha g:

First you will apply for Naturalziation, if passed, you will take oath and then you can apply for US Passport.

You can apply for Naturalization by filing N-400 in October 2010.

I got my permanent resident thru marraige on december 2005. I still can apply for it or do i've to wait for any longer. I am not married anymore, got divorced in 2007. please help.

Samantha, as you got it through marriage I am presuming you had a conditional Green card at end of 2003?
    If that is so, normally if you stayed married you could have applied for Citizenship in 2006/7 (3 yrs -90 days from GC date) but as you separated and divorced by 2007 you then have to wait 5 yrs (-90 days) to apply.
    (Marriage base you have to stay married right up to Oath Cermemony)/

If you did have that conditional Green card before the 10yrs one, then you can apply now.
    Basically 4 yrs 9 months from the date of what your conditional Green card had.

If that is right, you can apply immediately as it has gone over that time. Example: Dec 2003 date of conditional + 5 yrs - 90 days = Sep 2008.

If you didn't get a conditional Green Card prior to the 10yrs one, then you have to wait 5 yrs minus 90 days from the date of that 10 yrs Green card , which you said was December. That means you can apply in Sep 2010.

Example.. Green card says Dec 1st 2005. You can apply Sep 2010.

I hope that makes sense.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

M o r o n, you can apply for your passport anytime you want. It all depends on the rules of your country of citizenship.

But because it is obvious that you are a m o r o n, you actually mean when can you apply for American citizenship. While you can apply 5 years after admission as an LPR, you are too d u m b to pass the citizenship.

Samantha: Tak is the person who had went throught that proccess and he can give you the right and correct replay....

Tak: How are you doing....I am FSN, like you for 25 years...you was in your home country I worked abroard...nice seeing you again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    M o r o n, you can apply for your passport anytime you want. It all depends on the rules of your country of citizenship.

But because it is obvious that you are a m o r o n, you actually mean when can you apply for American citizenship. While you can apply 5 years after admission as an LPR, you are too d u m b to pass the citizenship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Federale86 meant to say is that USCIS will let you know as of which time you can apply. You will receive letters from USCIS offering you to file for citizenship.

He must not have gotten laid or something!!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What Federale86 meant to say is that USCIS will let you know as of which time you can apply. You will receive letters from USCIS offering you to file for citizenship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't. It's up to you to know when to file it. That goes for any other Immigration benefit.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."